Posted by : Aahil Shaik Mar 1, 2017
SAUDI RAILWAY COMPANY LAUNCHED NEW TRAIN BETWEEN AL RIYADH & AL QASSIM
Saudi Arabia Railway Company has launched its new and first high speed passenger service train from Al Riyadh to Al Qassim on February 26th of 2017, This train will be operate at the speed of 200km per hour reaching the destination in 2 and half hours.
For now the Riyadh to Qassim passenger train service will operate only 5 days( Thursday, Friday, Saturday , Sunday and Monday ) in a week until April 1st. Starting from Riyadh's terminus near King Khalid International Airport at 10 AM to 12.30 PM and the return trip from Al Qassim terminus will be from 3 PM to 5:30 PM.
- The travelling time from Al Riyadh to Al Qassim and Al Qassim to Al Riyadh in this train will be 2 hours and 30 minutes including a 10 minutes stop at Majmaah. Temporarily SAPTCO buses are droping passengers from Buraidah to railway station with out any cost.
- Currently Saudi Railway company has opening offer till March 27th of 2017, The offering charge is SR 40 for Adults and 20 Saudi Riyals for children through online portal, Saudi Railway Company (SAR) offering its website both in English as well as Arabic.
- From April 2nd it will become regular and daily service, The train timings will be 5 AM from Al Qasim and it will reach by 7.30 AM and from Riyadh it will be from 6 PM and it will reach in Al Qassim at 8.30 PM.
- Saudi Arabian Railway company has a plan to extend the train upto Hail in northern Saudi Arabia later in another phase it will extend to Al Jouf and AL Qurrayat cities of Saudi Arabia as part of vision 2030 with which the distance will be 1242km from the Riyadh city.
- Passengers can buy the tickets by visiting direct to Railway stations or mobile app or through online booking portal "Saudi Railway Company" For further information you can call on 920000329.
RIYADH RAILWAY STATION
AL QASSIM RAILWAY STATION