- Back to Home »
- 23 PERCENT OF INTERNET USERS IN SAUDI ARABIA ARE BELOW 9 YEARS
Feb 6, 2019
23% OF INTERNET USERS IN SAUDI ARABIA ARE BELOW 9 YEARS
A survey on the internet and telecommunications usage reveals that 92.51% of Saudi families and individuals use internet out of which 23.44% users are children between 5 to 9 years of age as per the General Authority of Statistics in Saudi Arabia. Trending : Check how many sims on your iqama
About 48.45% of internet users in Saudi Arabia are children of age between 10 to 14 years and nearly 93% of children students are using the internet daily. If you take Worldwide 1 out of 3 internet users is a child. Recommend : Saudi regulator blocked 1.2 million links and sites
- According to Saudi Gazette, The reason of children's using internet and technology is due to weak supervision and monitoring of parents and families.
- A psychologist from KSA, rejects the idea of preventing children from using the internet and technology as it became the language of the age.
- Every day, more than 175,000 children go online for the first time, It means a new child every half second, said UNICEF on the Safer Internet Day on Feb 5. See Also : Saudi Arabia has highest number of internet users
- Digital access exposes these children to a wealth of benefits and scopes, but also calls risks and harms as they can access harmful content, sexual exploitation and abuse, cyber-bullying and misuse of their private information, warned the Children's agency.