- Back to Home »
- THOUSANDS OF EXPATS ARRESTED FOR VIOLATIONS
MORE THAN 340,000 EXPATRIATES ARRESTED IN SAUDI ARABIA WITH IN 1 MONTH FEW DAYS
With in 7 weeks of time more than 340,000 expatriates have been arrested in Saudi Arabia in the ongoing crackdown against the violators of labor regulations and residence permits.
- Saudi security authorities crackdown on illegals and violators started from November 15th, 2017 in the ongoing campaign of 'Nation without illegal expats'.
- According to Saudi Press Agency report, More than 200,000 were arrested for violating residency laws while nearly 100,000 arrested for violating Saudi labor laws and nearly 50,000 were arrested for breaching security regulations till January 5th 2018.
- 75 percent of the Yemenis are arrested for crossing and sneaking border illegally from Southern part of Saudi Arabia, 23% in the arrested people are Ethiopians.
- 533 people arrested for providing transportation and shelter to the illegal expats. 37,230 expats cases transferred to their diplomatic missions for allowing them to issue travel documents while 41,326 are still awaiting for the reservation of their air tickets for deportation.
- 64,092 expat violators are already deported from Saudi Arabia to their countries in these ongoing campaign and in 5 weeks of time.