- Back to Home »
- WOMEN TO PENALIZE IF THEY DRIVE BEFORE JUNE 2018
WOMEN DRIVING IS STILL BANNED IN SAUDI TILL JUNE 2018
Traffic department will penalize the women who drive before the June 24, 2018, As the King Salman order clearly states to study the requirements for women driving and grant driving license for women from next year's June.
Women who drive with their male protectors or alone will punish if they drive before the specified time warned traffic department of Saudi Arabia. The committee setup by the ministries of Interior, Finance, Labor and Social Development to present their study on women driving before June 2018.
- Social media is loaded with offers and training centers for women driving, Traffic department warned women from responding such ads before it is fully allowed women to drive. It is seen on social media some advertisements offering women driving course for 40 Riyals per hour or a package of 30 hours for SR 1200 by providing car for training.
- Saudi Society for Traffic Safety is also alerted Nobody got the license from government to train driving for women in public places, Avoid responding to such ads and should not become victim of any abuses. Action against such ads would be taken as per the law.
- The formal lifting of ban on women driving will be June 26th of 2018. A woman has been penalized after she posted video of her driving in social media, However the penalty is unknown, but she is not arrested. The owner of the car will also be booked for violation of traffic rules.
- Before few days a woman met with an accident while she was driving on the main road in between Jeddah and Makkah, In the incident 13 year old boy was killed who was with the woman in the car, In another incident one more women died in accident while she was driving.