Posted by : Aahil Shaik Sep 30, 2017
A YOUNG SAUDI BOY DONATED HIS BONE MARROW TO HIS LITTLE BROTHER
A young Saudi boy Ahmed Rakan Al Shammari donated his bone marrow to his younger brother and receives Courage Medal for human and magnanimous conduct from Mayo Clinic of United States.
A heartwarming Saudi boy Ahmed also said in his words "If my brother needs anything else while I am under anesthesia please take it". Most Viewed : Saudi Nurse proves humanity still exists
- Ziyad a younger brother of Ahmed Rakan is suffering from acute form of Leukemia and he already gone under treatment in Saudi Arabia but there was no result. Later Ziyad was transferred to United States, where his all family members were tested for bone marrow donor.
- After testing Ahmed became the perfect match for Ziyad, His mother was afraid of doing so, But Ahmed insisted his mother that he want to donate bone marrow to his little brother, later both parents convinced. Related : Saudi Gifts tons of dates
- Doctors asked Ahmed again in the operation theater, Ahmed convinced the doctors team for the operation, his words made emotional to doctors. Operation was successful last Thursday by the grace of God reported Al Arabiya news.
- Ahmed is in good condition after donating, he left hospital also, while his younger brother Ziyad was still in ICU, His family is going to stay in US for 3 more months to reassured the health of Ziyad.
- Ahmed was awarded with Courage Medal in United States from Mayo Clinic for saving his brother's life. Read : King Salman wins award for Service to Islam