- Back to Home »
- ABOUT HALF MILLION EXPATS & SAUDIS LEFT JOBS IN LAST QUARTER YEAR
MORE THAN HALF MILLION EXPATS & SAUDIS LEFT JOBS IN LAST QUARTER OF 2018
About a half million expatriate and Saudi employees left their jobs during the 4th quarter of 2018, According to the General Organization for Social Insurance (GOSI) reported in Saudi Gazette local news. Most Viewed : Saudization on bakalas to replace 160,000 expats
As per the GOSI report there were 9.3 million expatriate and Saudi employees in the labor market during the last 3 months of 2017 but in the current year the number came down to 8.8 million.
- Saudi Arabia's capital city Riyadh employed more than 3.2 million employees, it is the largest employer in the Kingdom, after which Makkah employed more than 1.5 million employees and the Eastern Province employed about 1.3 million. Trending : Enjaz launched its self service machine for remitting money
- As per the GOSI report, it has 8.5 million subscribers out which 7.4 million employees are expatriates and 1.9 million are citizens of Saudi Arabia.
- In the last 3 month there were more than 7 thousand workplace injuries occurred out of which 16 resulted in death of employees of private companies and More than two thousand injuries were reported after falling from a height. Other causes of injuries included excessive exhaustion and traffic accidents. Read : What expats should not to do in Saudi Arabia
- Nearly three thousand people are still receiving treatment in different hospitals. A total of 427 Saudi men and 92 women and 7,186 expatriate men and 72 women suffered work place injuries.