- Back to Home »
- MORE THAN 2 MILLION PILGRIMS STARTED LIFE TIME JOURNEY
MORE THAN 2 MILLION HAJJ PILGRIMS STARTED ONCE A LIFE TIME JOURNEY IN MAKKAH
Humanity is on full display as more than 2 Million Muslims from almost every country in the world gathered in same dress in the city of Makkah for Hajj pilgrimage.
The world's biggest gathering can be seen in Makkah every year, Where Muslims perform their once a life time journey of a Hajj. Muslims believe the Hajj retraces the footsteps of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) as well as those of the Prophet Ibrahim and Ismail.
- Hajj is the biggest challenge for Saudi Arabia, The Kingdom has spent billions of dollars from its vast oil revenues on security and safety measures of Hajj, especially in Mina, where some of the deadliest incidents have occurred.
- In order to ensure the safety of pilgrims, they will wear electronic identification bracelets, connected to GPS. This year Hajj is marked as Smart Hajj as we have provided many apps that offer guidance said the Minister of Hajj and Umrah.
- The Saudi Ministry of Health alone has employed nearly 30,000 physicians, pharmacists, nurses and technicians to provide health care to pilgrims.
- The Saudi Red Crescent is operating 127 emergency centers, 361 ambulances and 20 emergency motorcycles with about 2000 staff on duty in Makkah and Madinah cities. Read : Toll free call service for Hajj pilgrims