- Back to Home »
- WOMAN RETURNED HOME AFTER 17 YEARS
SRI LANKAN HOUSEMAID REACHED HOME, AFTER 17 YEARS AWAY FROM FAMILY
A Srilankan woman returned home after staying away from family for 17 years in Saudi Arabia, Finally in home with the help of Sri Lankan Embassy officials, Saudi Immigration Authorities and Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
Kusumawathi, A resident of Sri Lanka came Saudi Arabia for work in the year 2000, She has worked as shepherd in some remote desert area for 15 years and not in touch with his family members from last one and half years.
- Her family filed a complaint with Sri Lanka Bureau of Foreign Employment (SBLFE), SBLFE minister asked labor officials at Saudi Embassy to take some steps to get her back to home in Sri Lanka.
- With the help of Saudi Immigration Authorities and Criminal Investigation Department, Sri Lankan Embassy officials locate Kusumawathi and processed her exit visa to return to home and meet their family members after staying far from them for 17 years.
- The sad story has happy ending as her sponsor had agreed to pay her 3.6 million Sri lankan rupees as salary arrears, The highest amount ever recovered from Employer in the history of Sri Lanka Bureau of Foreign Employment (SBLFE).
- Social media users demanded to take legal action against employer for keeping woman far from her contacts of her family for 17 years. While other says how could she or her family did not complain for 17 years.