Mar 25, 2019
INDIAN NURSE RETURN HOME FROM SAUDI ARABIA AFTER 2 YEARS OF LEGAL BATTLE
An Indian nurse from Kottayam, Kerala was stranded for 2 years in Saudi Arabia along with her newborn baby, finally returned home after a long legal battle, following a dispute with her employer. Trending : Indian expat family received wrong dead body
A 28 year old woman had won a ruling from labor court in her favor in Abha, She was stopped from leaving Saudi Arabia as her employer filed an appeal against her in higher court. Most Viewed : Bollywood super star Salman Khan in Saudi Arabia
- The employer demanded 31,800 SR from the woman as a guarantee of her return after her vacation to continue with her job, The employer also had filed a lawsuit with the demand, However the court rejected the employers demand, clearing the way for her to return home.
- The troubles of woman started when she asked maternity leave to go home in the early stage of her pregnancy. She use to work as nurse in a polyclinic in Abha, her employer delayed her request citing one after other reason.
- She was arrested at Abha airport while boarding a flight back to home, as her employer filed "Absent From Work" status against her, Then she was free on bail and gave birth to a baby girl at Abha Maternity Hospital. See Also : Valid health Insurance is mandatory for extending family visit visa
- She was prevented from traveling as her employer filed runaway status, The woman approached the governorate seeking justice and got the runaway report lifted.
- After the judgement was in favor of woman, the employer refused to issue her exit visa saying he file an appeal in high court. Indian Consulate then approached Asir governorate and the Saudi Human Rights Commission. Read : King Salman Park will be biggest park in the world
- However, passport authorities granted her an exit visa without the consent of her employer after the intervention of Saudi Human Rights Commission and other high ranking officials.
- She came Saudi Arabia on Feb 2017 on a 3 year contract with a yearly vacation, she traveled home after 1 year of job, After spending a month she came back to Kingdom then she discovered pregnant. See Also : E-Complaints on traffic violation to solve in 7 days
- She thanked Asir Governorate, Indian Consulate and Saudi Human Rights official for their full support in her return back to home reported Saudi Gazette.