- Back to Home »
- A JAR WITH ANCIENT COINS, METALS, STONES FOUND IN SAUDI
SAUDI TEAM DISCOVERED A POTTERY JAR WITH ANCIENT COINS, METALS & STONES WITH ANCIENT ARABIC SCRIPT
A pottery jar containing ancient coins, metal seals and stones with writings of Ancient Arabian script dating about 1750 years ago has discovered by Saudi scientific team. Trending : Saudi tourist visas open to all
In the latest evidence of cultural, social and political prosperity of Al Okhdood in Najran, The rare archaeological find by the team under Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage (SCTH) as per the report of Saudi Press Agency (SPA). Recommend : 50 red sea islands to be turned as tourism spot
- Al Okhdood is one of the most important monuments and archaeological sites in southern Saudi Arabia according to Saudi Tourism authorities. Al Okhdood is an area deeply steeped in history with about 100 archaeological sites.
- The models and writings on the found stones was about 1st century in the city of Okhdood, One of the richest ancient sites in Arabian Peninsula and a highly important cultural tourism and historical landmark in the city of Najran. Most Viewed : No iqama renewals for expats on this professions
- As per the latest discoveries, Its back to the Upper Paleolithic period, in the origins of Najran's civilizations. Archaeologists also found ancient lakes that have dried now, but it proved the historical importance of the region as it is struggling of ancient Arab kingdoms seeking to control the green oasis and to benefit it from its economic significance as a major conduit for highly valued trade routes.
- Another historical landmark of Okhdood site is the pangan King of Humairi, which about the date when Christianity evolved. As per the believe of Historians around 1500 people who converted to Christianity in 525 AD were burnt inside the hole where wood and fuel were placed. Read : Man tries to sell fake Kaaba Kiswah for 8 million