- Back to Home »
- 79 YEAR OLD MAN AT RIYADH MARATHON
A 79 YEAR OLD IN RIYADH HALF MARATHON BECAME OVERNIGHT SENSATION
Riyadh's Half Marathon has witnessed a 79 year old Saudi man, who became a sensation overnight for completing 21 kilometer half marathon in Saudi Arabia's capital city.
Board Chairman of the General Sports Authority and the President of Saudi Arabian Olympic committee awarded 100,000 Saudi Riyals to Khalaf Al Balawi (79 year old Saudi man) for his bravery and commitment to finish the 21 Km race.
- Al Balawi became a shining example for the young people and Social media users lauded him and made overnight sensation to him, which he fully deserves.
- Hundreds of citizens and expats took part in the 4 km, 8 km and 21 km Riyadh's half marathon, which started and ended at King Saud University, 10 people in each category rewarded with prizes worth 2 million Saudi Riyals.
- Riyadh's Half Marathon 2018 allowed only men above 15 this time to participate in the race, Next year's marathon will allow women to participate according to official, which will empower women.
- Ethiopian runner "Tamira Mola" raced to victory and got the 1st place in the Riyadh International Marathon 2018 and received a prize of one Million Saudi Riyals from The General Sports Authority of Saudi Arabia.