- Back to Home »
- SAUDI INCREASED HAJJ QUOTA FOR INDIANS
SAUDI ARABIA HAS INCREASED HAJJ QUOTA FOR INDIAN PILGRIMS
Saudi Arabia has increased Hajj quota for Indians by 5000 pilgrims after the India's Union Minister Abbas Naqvi's request, The Haj quota for Indian pilgrims is now 1,75,025.
Earlier this year, the Hajj quota for Indian origin pilgrims was 1,70,025. The decision of Saudi Arabia came after a bilateral annual agreement of India for Hajj 2018.
- According to the Indian Minister, The quota was increased by 40,000 nearly in the last two years and it never happened since 1947. For the year 2018 Hajj, Indian received nearly 3.55 lakh applications till now.
- From the 3.55 lakh Indians, Indian Hajj committee will finalize the names of 1.75 lakh who will be applicable for the Hajj this year through a lucky draw.
- However 1300 Indian women who applied for Hajj 2018 without a mahram (Male guardian) is directly eligible with out an lucky draw.
- Saudi Arabia also agreed to revive the decision of receiving Indian Hajj pilgrims through Sea, which was closed long years ago due to long journey between India and Saudi Arabia.