- Back to Home »
- DATA PACKS PRICES INCREASED BY 50 PERCENT
SAUDI TELECOM SERVICE PROVIDERS INCREASED INTERNET PACKAGE PRICES
STC and Mobily telecom operators in Saudi Arabia have increased the cost of internet data packs by 50 percent, Last week customers see a halt in sales of data cards.
The halt in sales of internet packages are because it was in preparation of increasing the cost prices, The effect was especially for 300 GB and 600 GB cards.
- According to Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC), It does not supported or legally permitted any such packages to telecom operators.
- Telecom service providers can reflect the market with the support of other companies, They can increase the prices as they wished at any time.
- Ministry of Communications and Information Technology should intervene in order to protect consumers from the greedy telecom operators.
- General Authority for Competition will take necessary steps to ensure for fair competition in the market and confront the monopoly of a small group of companies who increases the prices.