- Back to Home »
- CYCLIST FINED 3000SR FOR CROSSING RED LIGHT
A CYCLIST FINED 3000 SAUDI RIYALS FOR CROSSING RED LIGHT
A cyclist in Saudi Arabia was fined with 3000 Saudi Riyals for jumping red light signal in Al Rass, northwest of the capital city Riyadh.
Social media users expressed their anger for penalizing a cyclist, whose bicycle is worth about 200 Saudi Riyals and he need to pay a fine of 3000 SR for crossing red light signal.
- According to the local news Ajel, Traffic source confirmed the fine and explained the amount is same as it is applicable to any other vehicle for jumping red signal.
- One of social media user expressed his feeling by saying the fined amount is almost the 3 months salary of the cyclist, he fully support traffic regulations, but he objected the fined amount.
- While another social media user said how the traffic authorities will enter the cyclist fine in the computer system as the bicycle do not have any license or plate number.
- In support of traffic some users said, Crossing red light is always dangerous it could harm him or any others life, Rule of law should always prevail.
- Some countries will fine even pedestrian walker for not following the rule to ensure the safety, rule is rule for everyone, whether the violator is driving, riding or walking.