- Back to Home »
- 10 PERCENT TAX ON SALARIES IS A RUMOR
10% TAX ON EXPAT SALARIES ABOVE 3000 RIYALS IS A FAKE NEWS
Saudi Arabia's Ministry of Labor and Social Development denied the rumors of social media and Whatsapp messages regarding 10 percent tax on the expatriate workers salary.
According to the spreading rumors of social media and Whatsapp messages, Expats whose monthly salaries are above 3000 Saudi Riyals should pay 10% levy tax.
- Labor Ministry's official spokesperson said those all allegations spreading online are not true and there is no reality in those messages.
- The rumor claimed that Ministry of Labor, Ministry of Finance and Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority(SAMA) jointly imposing tax on expat salaries, there is no turth in this message.
- The same rumor message also claimed that 60 job titles recruitment and work permit issuance has been stopped and it is limited to Saudis only. As per the official only 19 job professions are reserved for Saudis till now.
- This is not the first time Expats became the victims of online rumors and fake news, Some people spread rumors just to seek attention online.