Archive for January 2018
SAUDI ARABIA RESERVES 12 CATEGORIES JOBS FOR ONLY SAUDI CITIZENS
Ministry of Labor and Social Development in Saudi Arabia has issued a list of 12 jobs that is reserved for only Saudi citizens (Men and Women), expats will be banned from doing these listed jobs starting from the new Hijri year.
Starting from September 11th of this year (2018), sales jobs in the below mentioned four categories will be nationalized, Expats are not allowed to work in these four sectors.
- Car and Motor bike Showrooms
- Readymade clothes stores (Men's and Kids's clothing stores).
- Home and Office furniture stores
- Home appliances and Kitchen utensils stores.
Starting from November 9th of this year (2018), Three more categories will be added in the Saudization list, Expats in these sections will not be allowed to work.
- Electronics and Electric appliances
- Watches and Clocks stores
- Optics stores and eyewear stores
From January 7th of the year 2019, The rule will be extended and will add five more categories in the Saudization list, which allows only Saudi man or women to work in it.
- Medical equipment and Supplies stores
- Building material and Hardware stores
- Auto spare parts stores
- Carpet and floor covering selling stores
- Sweet shops
PHYSICAL ATTACK ON TEACHER WILL PENALIZE WITH 1 MILLION SAUDI RIYALS & 1 YEAR JAIL TERM
Ministry of Education announce a fine of 1 million Saudi Riyals or 10 years of prison or both on those who physically attack on any teacher or staff member of the educational institution.
Minister of Education Ahmed Al Issa said during a debate on the guidelines in order to protect educational institutions and their staff members, The debate was attended by various ministry officials and their concerned department members.
- Physical attack on any of the ministry's staff will be considered as crime of murder and leads with imprisonment and a fine . The ministry is also working on a document to specify the behavior of the staff, and it will be issued soon.
- Ministry is considering to appoint security guards in boys schools similar to the girls schools, Ministry also planning to install surveillance cameras in schools and all educational levels.
- Number of legal experts reviewed the guide before its finally approved and it was also revised by ministry's legal department.
- Minister of Education is also said "We are building a culture of mutual respect and positive interaction among all the ministry's staff".
WORLD'S TALLEST CAMEL IN RIYADH'S KING ABDULAZIZ CAMEL FESTIVAL
The tallest camel in the world is in Saudi Arabia's Riyadh now in the Camel Beauty Pageant, King Abdulaziz Camel Festival, This camel is 3 meters taller (300cm) than the present tallest camel (190cm) in the world.
This eight year old camel belongs to Sultan Al Rashidi in Hail, It is one of its own kind as the other two are not that much taller as this camel is. Some one in the festival is tried to buy it for 300,000 Saudi Riyals.
- Camel festival supervisor is in touch with Guinness record people and the status of it is in preliminary stage, once it approved, the camel can be checked to see if there is any other competition to it to become world's tallest camel.
- The owner of the camel already got an offer to sell it for 300,000 SR, However the price will go up as it has been registered in Guinness world record, A team from them is examining the camel.
WATCH: The tallest #camel in the world at the #Saudi Camel Festival https://t.co/oJZj65c1FR pic.twitter.com/vmeCOv4vDv— Al Arabiya English (@AlArabiya_Eng) January 23, 2018
SAUDI MUNICIPALITY AUTHORITIES ARRESTED SEVERAL WORKERS AS THEY FOUND URINE FILLED BOTTLES IN A RESTAURANT
Several workers of a restaurant were arrested in Khamis Musaith as the Saudi authorities found urine filled bottles reported local newspaper Okaz.
The head of the Khamis Musaith Municipality said in a official statement that, all the members involved in this incident was arrested and being investigated.He also said those who detained will be referred to prosecution.
- Municipality officials shared images taken inside the restaurant's kitchen and in a storage room where all the bottles were being filled. The restaurant has been shut down and the name of the restaurant has not been disclosed.
- The images shared by Khamis Musaith municipality authorities in social media are becoming viral and everyone is demanding to take strict action against them.
ضبطت بلدية محافظة خميس مشيط مطعم يقوم بتخزين عدد من العلب معبأة بالبول اجلكم الله واوضح المتحدث الرسمي للبلدية بدر القرني انه تم ضبط العمالة وتسليمهم للشرطة لاكمال اجراءات التحقيق في سبب وجود هذه العلب واتخاذ الاجراء النظامي حيال هذه العماله المخالفة. pic.twitter.com/AsyamKNQCO— بلدية خميس مشيط- (@khamis0mushit) January 23, 2018
SAUDI ARABIA BAN A TEACHER FOR LIFE TIME FOR BEATING STUDENT ON A VIRAL VIDEO
Saudi Arabian authorities has banned a teacher for life time after his video of beating a student become viral in social media platforms.
As the video of beating a student became viral in Social Media, Many people call authorities to take strict action against the teacher, so that he can repeat it with any other student.
- As the video became viral, Saudi authorities investigate into the matter and found that it happened in one of its governorate.
- Saudi Authorities in Al Ihsa region issued an order to ban teacher from teaching for life time said Ahmed Balghunaim, the head of Al Ihsa Education Authority.
- Authorities took this decision after the evidence proved the teacher's wrong doing. Teacher confessed and apologized to the student and his parents.
- Now people of social media are divided into two and saying banning teacher permanently was not the proper solution. While other side said beating children is not acceptable and punishable act.
SHOURA COUNCIL PROPOSED A LAW TO BAN ABORTION, STERILIZATION, ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION, HUMAN CLONING & EUTHANASIA
Saudi Arabia's Shoura Council proposed a medical liability law to ban euthanasia (Ending a life to relieve pain and suffering) and human cloning with restrictions on artificial insemination, abortion and sterilization.
Health Council committee was considering proposals submitted by former Shoura members before publishing a final draft. The new law aims is to promote medical injustice by applying Islamic law to practitioners and patients, it also regulate litigation in cases of medical malpractice.
- The law also bans the termination of life of any patient for any reason even at the request of their family.
- It also ban human cloning (creation of genetically identical human) and related research.
- The law also proposed to ban Sterilization (Blocking or sealing the Fallopian tubes of women which links to the womb) except on some medical conditions supported by a specialized medical team with at least 3 doctors.
- Those who violates this law will face 5 to 10 years of prison including a fine of at least 50,000 Saudi Riyals in each case respectively.
- Birth control without consent of a couple will also banned by this proposal.
- Abortion would be accepted only if the life of the mother is at risk or on the request of the couple if a foetus is found to be deformed by medical team with in 4 months.
- Medical liability will not be accepted if the injury is caused by the patient's own act or refusal of treatment or failure to follow instructions or an external factor.
- Health care companies will be required to insure medical practitioners against errors and bear 80% of the annual insurance premium.
SAUDI ARABIA IS ON THE TOP OF ALL COUNTRIES IN USING SNAPCHAT
Saudi Arabia is on the top of all countries with highest number of Snapchat application users, as per the latest statistics report 8.2 million Saudi people use Snapchat daily.
Two cities of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh and Jeddah are among the cities with the highest number of Snapchat daily users, The report also revealed that most of the users are in age between 13 to 35 years.
- Eighty five percent (85%) of the Snapchat users are aged between 13 years to 35 years, Increase of using smartphone applications alerted traffic regulation to issue a new regulation on it.
- Saudi Arabia's Ministry of Interior issued a new traffic regulation to detain violators for 24 hours if caught using mobile phone while driving in the Kingdom.
- According to Sabq local news, Snapchat is associated with several cases of divorce, blackmailing and traffic accidents. The main cause of deadly accidents in Saudi Arabia are due to use of cell phones while driving.
SAUDI ELECTRICITY COMPANY WILL ISSUE E-BILLS INSTEAD OF PAPER BILLS
The Saudi Electricity Company will not issue paper bills anymore as it will now issue e-bills (electronic bills) on every 28th day of Gregorian calendar month.
E-bills can be accessed through Saudi Electricity website www.se.com.sa or through SEC electronic channels, or SEC's app or through SMS service or through registered emails.
- Residents and Citizens of Saudi Arabia can also call on customer care number 920001100 to enquire about their e bills as per the statement of Chairman of the SEC Subscribers services sector.
- The move is because of the royal decree issued before this month which states electric bills should be issued only after the payments of salaries to government officers which is on 27th of each gregorian month.
- Before this year, Saudi Electricity Company launched a series of modern electronic channels in order to facilitate and speed up the process of communication with subscriber through Whatsapp, Tiwtter, Service Center, SMS, Website and Mobile app.
SAUDI ARABIA TO REDUCE VISA FEES FOR PAKISTANIS
Saudi Arabia has agreed to relax visa procedures, reduce fees for Pakistani nationals and to set up a training institute in Pakistan in order to export Pakistani manpower to help and meet its skilled human resource requirements.
A Saudi delegation team from Ministry of Commerce and Investment discussed it with Pakistani Prime Minister on a call, according to the press release of office media.
- Export of Halal food from Pakistan to Saudi Arabia.
- Saudi Investment in construction of South-North Gas pipeline.
- Training Institute in Pakistan to help meet Kingdom's skilled human resource requirements.
- Bilateral Investment treaty and exchange of parliamentary delegations.
- Pakistan-Saudi JMC moot agreed on activating of Saudi-Pakistan Business Council to promote trade and investment on fast track basis while Pak-Saudi bilateral Preferential Trade Agreement(PTA) also came under consideration.
- Possibility of enhancing import of petroleum from the Kingdom and offering investment for Saudi companies in Renewable Energy and Independent Power Procedures(IPPs) is also part of the agenda.
MADINAH EXPERIENCED A 2.5 MAGNITUDE EARTHQUAKE ON 16 JAN 2018
Saudi Arabia's Holy city Madinah experienced a 2.5 magnitude earthquake on Today (16th Jan 2018).
There were no reports of any damages from the earthquake confirmed City officials, The earthquake was at a depth of 7km below the surface and 14km north west of Madinah.
- This is not the first time for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Earlier also small tremors occurred with no damage at all as it was weak and not dangerous.
- According to the local newspaper, General Authority of Meteorology and Environmental Protection said the tremor was weak and it is not dangerous.
SAUDI ARABIA HAS INCREASED HAJJ QUOTA FOR INDIAN PILGRIMS
Saudi Arabia has increased Hajj quota for Indians by 5000 pilgrims after the India's Union Minister Abbas Naqvi's request, The Haj quota for Indian pilgrims is now 1,75,025.
Earlier this year, the Hajj quota for Indian origin pilgrims was 1,70,025. The decision of Saudi Arabia came after a bilateral annual agreement of India for Hajj 2018.
- According to the Indian Minister, The quota was increased by 40,000 nearly in the last two years and it never happened since 1947. For the year 2018 Hajj, Indian received nearly 3.55 lakh applications till now.
- From the 3.55 lakh Indians, Indian Hajj committee will finalize the names of 1.75 lakh who will be applicable for the Hajj this year through a lucky draw.
- However 1300 Indian women who applied for Hajj 2018 without a mahram (Male guardian) is directly eligible with out an lucky draw.
- Saudi Arabia also agreed to revive the decision of receiving Indian Hajj pilgrims through Sea, which was closed long years ago due to long journey between India and Saudi Arabia.
A CYCLIST FINED 3000 SAUDI RIYALS FOR CROSSING RED LIGHT
A cyclist in Saudi Arabia was fined with 3000 Saudi Riyals for jumping red light signal in Al Rass, northwest of the capital city Riyadh.
Social media users expressed their anger for penalizing a cyclist, whose bicycle is worth about 200 Saudi Riyals and he need to pay a fine of 3000 SR for crossing red light signal.
- According to the local news Ajel, Traffic source confirmed the fine and explained the amount is same as it is applicable to any other vehicle for jumping red signal.
- One of social media user expressed his feeling by saying the fined amount is almost the 3 months salary of the cyclist, he fully support traffic regulations, but he objected the fined amount.
- While another social media user said how the traffic authorities will enter the cyclist fine in the computer system as the bicycle do not have any license or plate number.
- In support of traffic some users said, Crossing red light is always dangerous it could harm him or any others life, Rule of law should always prevail.
- Some countries will fine even pedestrian walker for not following the rule to ensure the safety, rule is rule for everyone, whether the violator is driving, riding or walking.
10% TAX ON EXPAT SALARIES ABOVE 3000 RIYALS IS A FAKE NEWS
Saudi Arabia's Ministry of Labor and Social Development denied the rumors of social media and Whatsapp messages regarding 10 percent tax on the expatriate workers salary.
According to the spreading rumors of social media and Whatsapp messages, Expats whose monthly salaries are above 3000 Saudi Riyals should pay 10% levy tax.
- Labor Ministry's official spokesperson said those all allegations spreading online are not true and there is no reality in those messages.
- The rumor claimed that Ministry of Labor, Ministry of Finance and Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority(SAMA) jointly imposing tax on expat salaries, there is no turth in this message.
- The same rumor message also claimed that 60 job titles recruitment and work permit issuance has been stopped and it is limited to Saudis only. As per the official only 19 job professions are reserved for Saudis till now.
- This is not the first time Expats became the victims of online rumors and fake news, Some people spread rumors just to seek attention online.
SAUDI ARABIA IS READY TO WELCOME WOMEN AUDIENCES IN SPORTS STADIUMS
For the first time in its history, Saudi Arabia opened its doors for women audiences to attend football matches and other sports events in stadiums of the Kingdom.
Stadiums of Saudi are fully ready to welcome women with all the facilities of prayer rooms, power air conditioners, restrooms, toilets and special smoking rooms for women audiences.
- The first match where women are allowed to watch is the football match between Al Ahli and Al Batin in Riyadh on January 12th, as per the Ministry of Information statement.
- The second and third matches in Jeddah and Dammam, where women are allowed is on the following day and on January 18th, Women from all over the Kingdom can attend these matches and can able to take advantages of new freedom.
- For now the stadiums of Riyadh, Jeddah and Dammam are ready to accommodate women, later on more stadium will add on the list of accommodating women to watch sports events.
- Riyadh's King Fahad Stadium will accommodate 7000 women, The fifth floor of the Jeddah's Al Jawhara Stadium is reserved for women with 10,000 seats.
- Women will enter through separate gates and will supervised by women only. Later on there will be separate teams of women players in ordere to encourage them into participate in various competitions.
SAUDI TELECOM SERVICE PROVIDERS INCREASED INTERNET PACKAGE PRICES
STC and Mobily telecom operators in Saudi Arabia have increased the cost of internet data packs by 50 percent, Last week customers see a halt in sales of data cards.
The halt in sales of internet packages are because it was in preparation of increasing the cost prices, The effect was especially for 300 GB and 600 GB cards.
- According to Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC), It does not supported or legally permitted any such packages to telecom operators.
- Telecom service providers can reflect the market with the support of other companies, They can increase the prices as they wished at any time.
- Ministry of Communications and Information Technology should intervene in order to protect consumers from the greedy telecom operators.
- General Authority for Competition will take necessary steps to ensure for fair competition in the market and confront the monopoly of a small group of companies who increases the prices.
JAWAZAT TWEETS ON SELF EMPLOYED EXPATRIATES
In a recent tweet from Saudi Jawazat on a campaign "A nation with out illegal expatriates", General Passport Office states self employed expatriates will be penalize following imprisonment and then they will deport from the Kingdom.
The tweet from Jawazat as follows,
The self-employed expatriate is subject to the following penalties:
1 - A fine of up to 50,000 Riyals
2 - Imprisonment for up to six months
3 - Deportation