Archive for December 2017
SAUDI ARABIA TO REFUND PAID VAT TO VISITORS, TOURISTS & PILGRIMS
Saudi Arabia is working on a mechanism to refund Value Added Tax (VAT) to tourists and Hajj & Umrah visitors, As this mechanism is still in process it will not applicable in the first few months of 2018.
The General Authority of Zakat and Tax (GAZT) is responsible for VAT implementation, administration and management, So they are also preparing a way to payout the paid VAT to the Hajj & Umrah pilgrims, Tourists and Non GCC Visitors.
- GAZT (General Authority of Zakat & Tax) may open VAT reimbursement offices at many places of Saudi Arabia including at Saudi Airports and at the borders of other countries in the Kingdom.
- For VAT reimbursement to pilgrims, tourists and visitors need to submit application to the list of service providers for their reimbursement.
- Visitors and Tourists from GCC countries will not get any reimbursement on the paid Value Added Tax (VAT), Similarly, Expats of GCC countries are also not applicable to get VAT reimbursement.
- More than 83,000 companies have registered for VAT System in Saudi Arabia till now, Companies which are not yet registered for VAT system will be fined.
- Saudi Arabia and UAE are committed to impose VAT from Jan 1st 2018, While Bahrain and Qatar is planning to implement VAT from mid of 2018, Kuwait and Oman are expected to delay till 2019.
SAUDI ARABIA ADDED HI-TECH CAMERAS TO ITS TRAFFIC POLICE VEHICLES
Saudi traffic police vehicles have been fitted with hi tech cameras in order to capture traffic violations of violators automatically.
As part of improved technology, Saudi Traffic General Directorate director Brigadier Mohammed bin Abdullah Al Basami launched the new equipment to clamp down the traffic and driving offences.
- These new Hi-Tech automated cameras will be fitted in all the traffic police vehicles all over the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in order to reduce road accidents.
- As per various statistics reports, 30% of the hospital beds in Saudi Arabia are occupied by the people who injured in accidents.
- The new camera which is fitted in Traffic police cars will capture the violations like Over Speeding, Wrong Overtaking and reckless change of lanes, It will also capture mobile using violations while driving and non use of safety belts.
MORE THAN 800,000 EXPATRIATES ARRESTED IN SAUDI ARABIA
With in four months of time more than 793,421 expatriates have been arrested in Saudi Arabia in the ongoing crackdown against the violators of labor regulations and residence permits.
- Saudi security authorities crackdown on illegals and violators started from November 15th, 2017 in the ongoing campaign of 'Nation without illegal expats'.
- According to Saudi Press Agency report, More than 567,426 were arrested for violating residency laws while nearly 158,241 arrested for violating Saudi labor laws and nearly 67,754 were arrested for breaching security regulations till now.
- 60 percent of the Yemenis are arrested for crossing and sneaking border illegally from Southern part of Saudi Arabia, 37% in the arrested people are Ethiopians and 3% from other nationalities.
- 1511 people arrested for providing transportation and shelter to the illegal expats. 111,699 expats cases transferred to their diplomatic missions for allowing them to issue travel documents while 129,117 are still awaiting for the reservation of their air tickets for deportation.
- 196,343 expat violators are already deported from Saudi Arabia to their countries in these ongoing campaign and in few months of time.
SAUDI ARABIA'S AUTHORITIES ARRESTED A MAN FOR SUPPORTING MISSILE ATTACK IN RIYADH
Saudi Arabia's prosecution office has issued an order to arrest an Arab expatriate living in the Kingdom, who posted a tweet congratulating houthi missile attack on Riyadh this week.
The arrest order of the expat came just after the day of tweet he posted, Public prosecution affirm that whoever is tempted or commit aggression against Saudi society, or breach people's rights or harm others.
- Public prosecution office will monitor all violations pursue in social media or anywhere, In order to protect nation from the evil eyes.
- People who post their aggression do not aware the seriousness and danger of their actions said in a statement to Saudi Press Agency.
- Saudi Arabia's authorities warned all the expatriates and citizens for violating any rules and regulations that threat national security.
SAUDI SET RULES & REGULATIONS ON TAXIS, CABS
Public Transport Authority(PTA)has announced they will start imposing fines on Taxis, private cabs and ride sharing services drivers for not considering the safety and readiness of vehicles and on violating the rules and regulations.
PTA Inspector said the penalties will be imposed on drivers who violates rules and regulations that are made for the safety of drivers and riders.
- The penalty for not installing meter in the cabs is 5000 Saudi Riyals, A fine of 500 Saudi Riyals will be imposed on taxi or cab drivers for not wearing uniform, A fine of 500 Saudi Riyals will be imposed on drivers if their cars are unclean and looks dirty from inside or outside.
- The Taxis should mention clear signs on top like "Taxi Riyadh", "Taxi Jeddah", "Taxi Dammam", "Taxi Makkah", etc,. If the sign boards are unclear there will be a fine of 1000 Saudi Riyals on the vehicle drivers.
- A penalty of 1000 Saudi Riyals will be imposed on the driver if his vehicle front seat or back seat company information is not available.
- A fine of 500 Saudi Riyals on taxi drivers if they do not have first aid kid or fire extinguisher or hazard triangle, making 1500 Saudi Riyals fine on these three accessories.
- Expat taxi drivers without proper license will face a penalty of 5000 Saudi Riyals, Pick up service seekers should make sure that they will get Saudi drivers through private internet cabs. Private cabs should make sure they have only Saudi national drivers.
KING SALMAN ANNOUNCED LARGEST BUDGET IN THE HISTORY OF SAUDI ARABIA
Saudi Arabia's King Salman announced the largest budget spending history for the year 2018 in the Kingdom, As per Estimation the expenditure will be 978 Billion Saudi Riyals said King during the annual budget announcement.
Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman said improving the living standard of citizens and diversifying the economy is our aim. According to the estimation, Saudi economy is expected a growth of 2.7% in the year 2018.
- Saudi Vision 2030 reform plans already produced beneficial results in this year, King said 12 more programs are launched in it, which will reduce Saudi dependence on oil, Crown prince said there will be reduction of 8% in GDP (Gross Domestic Product) for the next year(2018).
- Saudi aims to improve the financial ability by simulating the private sector in order to generate more jobs, which makes the largest budget for Saudi Arabia in its history.
- In the year 2017, The budget for Saudi Arabia was 890 Billion Saudi Riyals, The deficit is expected to stand at around 195 Billion Saudi Riyals for the year, That compares to 198 Billion Saudi Riyals forecast in the last budget.
- Estimated expenses for public institutions will be 112 Billion Saudi Riyals for the year 2018, revenues in 2018 are projected at 783 Billion Saudi Riyals, While in the current year 2017 it is 692 Billion Saudi Riyals as per forecast.
- Saudi to set 20% of amount, 192 Billion Saudi Riyals expenditure on education, and On military 210 billion Saudi Riyals which is 21% of budget and for the health sector it is 15% that is 147 Billion Saudi Riyals.
SAUDI POLICE ARRESTED A MAN FOR DRAGGING A DOG
Saudi Arabia's secret police arrested a man for dragging a dog by tying to his jeep in the 'Taif to Makkah' road. The inhuman act of the driver irked many people in social media.
Police made investigations on the viral video and arrested the man following the uproar of social media. Traffic police department tracked the man in Taif's Hawiya neighborhood by tracking the jeep's number plate.
- Saudi secret police handed the arrested man to traffic department for further investigations and legal action against him.
- The man clarified himself by saying it was a dead dog and he found it near his sheep in Wadi Noman, he dragged it in a little way in order to move away it from there.
- Some one on the road recorded the video and uploaded in social media. The man said he forgot the dog after sometime and he drove into the city, from where the video is recorded.
"BORN A KING" WILL BE THE FIRST MOVIE IN SAUDI ARABIA
Saudi Arabia to open theaters for public by March 2018 with its first film called "Born A King", A movie about the life of Saudi King Faisal. Related : Ban on cinemas lifted King Salman order
After the order of King Salman this month, Saudi Arabia is set to open cinemas for public, after a long ban of 35 years. Recommend : Electricity tariffs to be doubled from 2018
- The first movie "Born A King" will reveal the true story of Saudi Arabia's King Faisal, At the age of Fourteen, When he was sent to England on a diplomatic mission to negotiate with prominent British Leaders including Lord Curzon and Winston Churchill.
- The film is currently in its shoot in the United Kingdom, and it is expected to complete by February 2018 and it will be first screened in Riyadh before its official international release. New : 200,000 illegal expats to be deported from Saudi Arabia
- The "Born A King" film is directed by Agusti Villaronga and it was written by Henry Fitzherbert. The trailer of the movie can be seen in this article.
- The actors and actress of this movie are Hermione Corfield, Ed Skrein, Laurence Fox, James Fleet, Kenneth Cranham, Aidan McArdle and Dilyana Bouklieva. Read : 20,000 fine on each expat worker in gold or jewelry shops
لقطة من الفيلم الهوليوودي Born A king ( ولد ملكاً ) عن زيارة الملك فيصل لبريطانيا عام ١٩١٩ ومن المتوقع الانتهاء منه فبراير المقبل وبدء عرضه في دور السينما العالمية بعد ان يعرض لاول مرة في السعودية pic.twitter.com/b4N69q3Rmb— عبدالإله السناني (@aa_alsinani) December 13, 2017
SAUDI STARTED ISSUING LICENSE TO CINEMA HALLS FROM MARCH 2018
After lifting a 35 year old ban on cinemas in Saudi Arabia, Movie fans, directors and film chains eyeing the mass market in the Middle East. Saudi Arabia may start showing films from March 2018. New : Saudi police caught 200,000 illegal expats
- The government said it is expected to open more than 300 cinemas with more than 2000 screens by 2030, building an cinema industry that would contribute more than 90 billion Saudi Riyals to the Saudi economy and create 30,000 jobs. Recommend : No expats in gold and jewelry shops
- As per government, Part of liberalizing reform drive that has opened the door to concerts, comedy shows and women drivers over this year. Cinemas was banned in early 1980's due to pressure from Islamists as Saudi society may discourage public entertainment and public mixing of women and men.
- The Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman eased many of the restrictions in order to broaden the Saudi economy and to make the country independent on oil income. Opening cinemas is a act for economic growth and diversification. Related : 140 Kmph speed on certain Saudi highways
- By developing the cultural sector, Saudi will generate new jobs and training opportunities for the citizens, It will also enrich the Kingdom's entertainment options for the locals and tourists.
- Censorship details in Saudi Arabia are yet to announce, but it will extensive where images of women are often crossed out on advertising. There was no immediate reaction from the conservative groups, who outraged earlier in social media campaigns of coming back cinemas in Saudi Arabia. Read : Top 10 companies in Saudi Arabia
- Public objections have been reduced in Saudi Arabia after arrests of several locals for blaming Saudi Arabia and its laws.
- Thousands of Saudi citizens currently travel to nearest countries like Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, etc, for entertainment. Saudi Arabia is trying to retain its money in the country instead of spending on those trips. See Also : Saudi in top for wasting food
- Regional cinemas are also eyeing to enter in Saudi market for the entertainment of young generation in Kingdom's population.
NEW ELECTRICITY TARIFFS IN SAUDI ARABIA FROM 1st JAN 2018
Starting from January 1st 2018, Electricity tariffs in Saudi Arabia will be gradually increase said Saudi Electricity and Congregation Regulatory Authority (ECRA).
- Under the new prices of electricity tariffs, it will cover consumption tariffs for residential, commercial, agricultural, healthcare, private education and charitable institutions will increase.
- However electricity tariffs for Government and Industrial will remain same.
- Residential consumption electricity between 1 to 6000 KW/h per month will cost 18 halalas per KW/h, Above 6000 KW/h will be raised to 30 halalas.
- This is nearly equal to double or more than triple for some consumers, As previous it were 5 halalas for consumption between 1 to 2000 KW/h and 10 halalas for the consumption of electricty between 2001 to 4000 KW/h, However for consumption between 4001 to 6000 KW/h the price will slightly decrease from the current 20 halalas.
- Commercial sector electricity prices for consumption of 1 to 6000 KW/h will rise to 20 halalas and above 6000 KW/h will be 30 halalas.
- Agricultural, non profit and charitable organizations will have prices of 16 halalas for consumption of 1 to 6000 KW/h and 20 halalas for the consumption of above 6000 KW/h/
- Private healthcare providers, private schools and educational institutes will have a price of 21 halalas per KW/h.
- Industrial sector will be charged 18 halalas per KW/h and for Government sectors the charge will be 32 halalas per KW/h.
- The instructions has been sent to Saudi Electricity Company and Electricity facilities to amend in the current electricity billing system.
The new prices aimed to raise economic efficiency, nationalize consumption of natural resources and boost the contribution of the non oil sector.
- Part of the savings of the new price tariffs will be used to support a new citizen account program in order to protect the low to middle income families from austerity measures including a new value added tax and other cost increases.
SAUDI POLICE CAUGHT NEARLY 200,000 EXPATS LIVING ILLEGALLY IN KINGDOM
Saudi authorities have caught nearly 200,000 illegal expats living in Saudi Arabia, Most of them do not have even resident permits while the others resident and work permits are expired.
The Kingdom police caught nearly 2000 Expats while trying to cross the borders, most of the expats are Yemenis and Ethiopians. Saudi police have deported most of them who tried to enter Saudi Arabia illegally.
- Those who are residing illegally in Saudi Arabia were given 90 days of time from the end of March to flee the country before facing any prosecution or paying penalties.
- Those who do not comply risk paying fines up to 100,000 Saudi Riyals.
SAUDI ARABIA'S TOP 10 COMPANIES IN 2017
Top ten companies in Saudi Arabia for the year 2017, After a down fall in stocks of the companies due to anti corruption drive that covered various businesses, royals and ministers. New : On Arrival visas for expats newborns
SABIC remained in the top in terms of earnings in the first half, while Corporate earnings grew 7% in its first half and positive results from the non oil sector.
1. SAUDI BASIC INDUSTRIES CORPORATION (SABIC)
Sector : Energy, Fossil fuels Recommend : New visa center for Indians in Jubail
Market Capitalization : 78.40 Billion Dollars
2. SAUDI TELECOM COMPANY (STC)
Sector : Telecommunication Services
Market Capitalization : 36.91 Billion Dollars
3. AL RAJHI BANKING & INVESTMENT CORPORATION
Sector : Banking & Investment Services
Market Capitalization : 27.30 Billion Dollars See Also : No VAT on government services fee
4. NATIONAL COMMERCIAL BANK (NCB)
Sector : Banking & Investment services
Market Capitalization : 25.79 Billion Dollars
5. SAUDI ELECTRICITY COMPANY
Sector : Utilities
Market Capitalization : 25.44 Billion Dollars
6. JABAL OMAR DEVELOPMENT CO
Sector : Real Estate
Market Capitalization : 16.11 Billion Dollars
7. SAUDI ARABIAN MINING CO
Sector : Mineral Resources Read : No VAT on employee salaries
Market Capitalization : 15.03 Billion Dollars
8. ALMARAI CO
Sector : Food & Beverage
Market Capitalization : 14.21 Billion Dollars
9. SAMBA FINANCIAL GROUP
Sector : Banking & Investment Services
Market Capitalization : 12.11 Billion Dollars
10. SAUDI BRITISH BANK
Sector : Banking & Investment Services
Market Capitalization : 10.24 Billion Dollars
SAUDI INCREASED SPEED LIMIT FROM 120Kmph TO 140Kmph ON CERTAIN HIGHWAYS
Saudi Arabia has increased the speed limit on certain highways from 120 kph to 140 kph. Recommend : Full stop on expats in gold and jewelry shops
- The Kingdom's Ministry of Transport has instructed its branches to begin making arrangements to raise the speed limits on certain highways from 120kph to 140kph. Related : 20000 fine if expats found in gold shops
- Ministry arrangements included the development of road traffic signals after every 10 kilometers showing the new speed limit number boards on the highway.
- In the first phase, Riyadh to Taif, Sharqiyah and Qasim highways to be included. The new speed limits will apply on the following highways. Read : Saudi Arabia in top for wasting food
- Riyadh and Taif
- Riyadh and Dammam
- Riyadh and Qassim
- Makkah and Madinah.
SAUDI BANS FOREIGNERS IN GOLD & JEWELRY SHOPS
Saudi Arabia bans employment of expatriates in gold and jewelry shops as the process of nationalizing jobs moved ahead and reached the Kingdom's gold and jewelry industry said Ministry of Labor and Social development. Related : Fine on gold shops for employing expats
From now it is illegal to employ expats in the gold and jewelry sector, Saudi government had made several attempts earlier also in order to Saudize this industry jobs from the last 16 years. Recommend : Indians still prefer Saudi Arabia for jobs
- According to estimated reports, In this industry there are more than 30,000 expat workers are working in the 6000 gold shops of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- These move will bring 5000 jobs for Saudi nationals after it is fully implemented, The ministry is planning to reduce businesses running by foreigners in the name of Saudi citizens, which is nearly about 40 percent in Saudi Arabia now. Similar : Saudi tops in list of wasting food
- Ministry found most of the businesses in various cities including Makkah and Madina are operating on fake Saudization. The sector of gold and jewelry is unattractive to Saudis, Salaries in this sector ranged between 3000 Saudi Riyals to 7000 Saudi Riyals.
- Gold shops to be fined with 20,000 Saudi Riyals, If they found any expat starting from Sunday, Permanent inspectors will visit various malls and markets in order to penalize the violators. Read : Ban on photos and videos in Makkah & Madina
- However, Foreigners married to Saudi women will be exempt from this new rule if they are together or they have children.
- Saudi Arabia's gold market is to be estimated of worth 14 Billion Saudi Riyals. In the vision of Saudi 2030 all businesses to be fully Saudize as per ministry regulation. See Also : Saudi tourist visas open for all from 2018