Archive for November 2017
SAUDI ARABIA HONORS FOR WASTING FOOD THAN ANY OTHER COUNTRY OF THE WORLD
Saudi Arabia is in top list for wasting food more than any other country in the world, According to Sabq news report. Trending : Indians still prefer Saudi Arabia for jobs
Nearly 427 tonnes of food or 8 million meals are wasted daily in Saudi Arabia which is of worth 70 million Saudi Riyals. Recommend : Saudi bans selfies on Makkah and Madina
- As per the report of Food & Agriculture Organization of Rome, Saudi Arabian households throw 90 percent of left over food on daily basis.
- The daily wastage quantity of food of Saudi Arabia is enough to feed the whole population of Riyadh said Khairat Charity Society chairperson Noora bint Abdulaziz Al Ajami, Its became a social culture for wasting massive food. Similar : Saudi Railways launched train to Hail from Riyadh
- One association which is operating under the authority of Ministry of Labor and Social Development planned to save more than 2 million meals daily and benefit 300,000 needy people. Read : Saudi to issue tourist visas from 2018
GOLD & JEWELRY SHOPS WILL FINE WITH SR 20,000 IF AN EXPAT WORKER FOUND IN IT
Starting from Dec 3rd of 2017, Permanent inspectors will surprise visits to markets and shopping malls for inspections in order to track down the violators in Saudi gold and jewelry shops said Ministry Of Labor and Social Development. Related : Allowed gold limit in Indian airports
Any expatriate found working in the gold or jewelry shops of Saudi Arabia will be penalized with 20,000 Saudi Riyals, The penalty amount should be paid by the owner of the shop or the company said Ministry official spokesman. Recommend : Vehicle Insurance companies to cover natural disaster damages
- According to the available data, There are more than 6000 gold and jewllery shops and exhibitions in Saudi Arabia in which 23,000 to 25,000 workers are working, Out of which most of them are expatriates and few own the shop.
- While some of the members of the committee for precious metals and gems at the Council of Saudi Chambers are not seem to be happy with the success of Saudization plan in the sector unless accompanied by the elimination of the widespread practice of commercial cover up in the sector. Similar : Selfies, Photos and Videos banned in two Holy mosques
- Hundreds of gold and jewelry shops are expected to close by December, Before the inspection team start inspections.
PRE CLEARANCE AT LOCAL AIRPORTS FOR BANGLADESHI HAJJ PILGRIMS
Saudi Arabia government has decided to ease the visa processing for Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims as they will get immigration facilities and pre clearance from custom authorities in Bangladeshi airports, starting from the year 2018. Trending : Ban on selfies in Makkah's Masjid Al Haram
No long queues for immigration at Saudi airport immigration points for Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims as they will enjoy these facilities in their local airports said Religious Affairs secretary M Anisur Rahman. Recommend : VAT on passengers tickets
- Saudi delegation authorities will soon visit to Bangladesh for installing pre clearance systems in Dhaka airport and other Bangladeshi airports.
- Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka, Shah Amanat International Airport in Chittagong and Osmani International Airport in Sylhet will be in the first list to introduce pre clearance system from Saudi Arabian delegation. Related : Tourist visas to start in 2018 in Saudi Arabia
TAKING SELFIES BANNED IN MAKKAH'S MASJID AL HARAM & MADINA'S MASJID AL NABAWI
Saudi Arabia prohibited visitors from taking selfies and videos in the two Holy Mosques Makkah's Masjid Al Haram and Madina's Masjid Al Nabawi according to various media sources. Trending : Saudi tourist visas from 2018
Preventing pilgrims and visitors from taking selfies and videos in two Holy Mosques will stop unnecessary disturbances for those who wish to pray and worship without any distractions said Saudi authorities. Recommend : World's largest umbrella project in Makkah
- Security guards at the two holy mosques have traditionally always been hostile towards the people while taking pictures, but now all the selfies and photographs of all varieties are officially prohibited. If needed security officers may seize the photos and cameras.
- This post was first published in Jakarta Post and then it spread among international media, However Saudi Arabia's local media yet to publish confirmation on this news. Similar : Haramain train between Makkah & Madinah
NEARLY 900 ILLEGAL EXPATRIATES ARRESTED IN RIYADH, WITHIN 24 HOURS
In the ongoing crackdown, approximately 900 expatriates are arrested in Riyadh within 24 hours for violating the terms of labor laws and residence permits according to the various sources.
As per the reports of police, Most of the Illegal expatriates are involved in committing crimes in the Riyadh city.
- Earlier this week, Riyadh Governor signed a directive instructing security authorities to stop all foreign workers who are residing illegally in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Police conducted the inspections with the cooperation of Ministry of Interior and Ministry of Labor and Social Development and Ministry of Commerce and Investment including the department of immigration.
- Inspection in the areas of Shumaisi, Al Faisaliah, Hai Al Wazarat and Thumamah in Riyadh city resulted in arrested of nearly 900 different nationalities illegal expatriates.
- Inspection teams also seized fake electrical items, electronic gadgets, mobile chargers, items of cosmetics and body and facial creams, etc,. which are not in the specification of the Ministry of Health.
- All the suspects will be produced to court for the necessary punishment and deportation of expatriates, Similar inspections are being carried out in all parts of Saudi Arabia.
- Expatriates are requested to carry out their iqama identity cards, driving license, vehicle registration certificates, etc,. in order to produce the security officers when ever they asked.
SAUDI ARABIA TO ISSUE TOURIST VISAS FOR ALL FROM APRIL 2018
Saudi Arabia has planned to issue tourist visas from April 2018 for the travelers and tourists in order to boost the economy of the Kingdom instead of depending only on oil income. Related : Tourist visas are now open to all
Saudi government already revealed its plans of building resorts along 100 mile Red sea sandy Coastline with several other projects including opening of Six flags theme park by the year 2022. Similar : Mandatory fingerprints on all Saudi visas
- Earlier Saudi visas were restricted only to those who work in Kingdom or Business visit, Family visits of those who are working in Saudi Arabia or to Muslims for visiting the Holy sites of Makkah and Madina in Hajj or Umrah visas.
- The Red Sea project caught the eye of Billionaire Richard Branson while his recent visit in the Kingdom, He visited ancient tombs at Madain Saleh, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Recommend : New Saher camera detects seat belt and use of mobile while driving
- Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman unveiled the plan for 500 Billion dollars Metropolis that will extend across Saudi Arabia borders into Jordan and Egypt.
- Saudi Arabia has tremendous tourist potential due its to its favorable temperature, historical and cultural heritage, beauty and rich marine life, But Saudi is surrounded with politically unstable countries where security has become main concern. Most Viewed : Companion and dependent fee as per Jawazat system
- Recently, US Government warned its citizens from traveling to Saudi Arabia due to its security situation, Saudi is facing threats of missile attacks from Yemen rebels, ISIS and various terrorist groups.
- State department said terrorist may attack any of the cities including Riyadh, Jeddah and Dahran, Kingdom is ready with its defense. Read : VAT on money transfer fee
TRAIN SERVICE FROM RIYADH TO HAIL COVERING MAJMAAH & QASSIM STATIONS
Saudi Railway Company has started its new train service daily from Riyadh to Hail, It starts from Riyadh at 9:30 AM and leaves from Hail at 3:25 PM in a return journey. These train will cover all stations of Riyadh, Majmaah, Qassim and Hail. Trending : Longest railway line in Saudi Arabia
Travellers can now buy tickets online in advance instead of buying tickets in station queues, You can book your advanced tickets through the Saudi Railways Company website http://www.sar.com.sa/ or mobile app. Recommend : Harmain train between Makkah and Madina
- The online economy ticket price for traveling from Riyadh to Qassim or Qassim to Riyadh for an adult is 75 Saudi Riyals, For a child from 2 to 15 years is 35 Saudi Riyals, For Student and the disabled persons the ticket price is 50 Riyals, Infants below 2 years will not be charged. While for Business class the ticket cost for an adult is 175 SR, For Disabled and Children the cost will be 115 SR.
- For traveling from Riyadh to Majmaah or Majmaah to Riyadh the ticket price for an adult is 50 SR, for Children 25 SR, for Students and disabled persons 30 SR in economy class, In a Business class the cost for same destination for an adult is 145 SR, For children and disabled persons the ticket will costs 95 SR, However Infants below 2 years will not be charged. Related : Dammam & Riyadh train services
- Economy class ticket price from Riyadh to Hail for adults costs 120 SR, for children 60 SR, for students and disabled persons the ticket price will be 80 SR, In business class for same location, the cost of the ticket for adults will be 280 SR, for children between 2 to 15 years and disabled persons the ticket price will be 185 SR and for infants below 2 years there will not be any ticket cost.
- If you have a plan to travel below 21 days the fares will be lowest, Tickets will be available online and on stations up to the half hour before the departure of the train.
- Students and Disabled persons should submit their identity cards and should pre-register in order to get the discounted price. Read : A train for Hajj
THREE DAYS GRACE PERIOD FOR IQAMAS FROM THEIR EXPIRED DATE TO AVOID PENALTY OF 500 SR
3 days of grace period for iqamas from its expiry date, before imposing a penalty of 500 Saudi Riyals, Those who delaying iqama renewals will be fine with SR 500 said Saudi Jawazat (Passport Department). Trending : Saudi is hunting for iqama and labor violators
In the amnesty period provided by Saudi government, More than 700,000 expatriates have benefitted and left for their home country without any penalty and ban by using the campaign 'Nation with out illegal expatriates'. Recommend : 5 percent VAT on money transfer fee
- Canceling exit re entry after issued will be penalize with 1000 Saudi Riyals, Renewing iqama of expat wife of Saudi husband will be SR 500 per year, However there will not be any fee on naqal maloomat (Transferring data from old passport to new one).
- In the last three days inspection teams arrested 24,000 violators in Saudi Arabia for violating labor regulations and residence permit violations. New : Now you can recharge your sim without entering iqama number
- Out of 24,000 violators, 15,702 arrested for iqama violations, 3833 for border security violations and 4345 for labor regulation violations, 394 expats arrested for entering into Saudi Arabia illegally.
- In the arrested people, 42% were in Makkah, 19% of violators from Riyadh, 11% from Asir region, 6% from Jizan and 5% from Eastern province of the Kingdom.
- 25 Saudi citizens also detained for their involvement in transporting and sheltering illegal expatriates. Read : After Selective Tax now its time for VAT on tobacco products, energy drinks and soft drinks
- According to the Saudi Gazette, the arrested people will face a imprisonment of 6 month and will penalize with 50,000 SR and then they will deport to their home countries by banning them from re entering into Kingdom. See Also : VAT on fuel in Saudi Arabia
SAUDI TO COLLECT 5% VAT ON OIL & ON TRANSPORT TICKETS WITHIN KSA
On the query of a Saudi citizen on Twitter, The General Authority of Zakat and Tax has confirmed that there will be a Value Added Tax of 5% on fuel starting from January 1st 2018. Recommend : VAT on tobacco products, energy and soft drinks
Last week it is also in indication that there will be VAT on the transport journey tickets within the Kingdom, However there will not be any VAT on international travel tickets. Trending : Saudi VAT on money transfer fee
- Before the implementation of VAT on fuel prices, Saudi Arabia is in a plan to increase the fuel prices by this year end.
- Earlier The General Authority of Zakat and Tax said there will be a 5% of VAT on the fee of remittance centers or money transfer centers, but the products like loans and accounts would be exempt. Related : VAT on private school fee, Electricity, Mobile and water bills
ITS A TIME FOR VAT ON TOBACCO PRODUCTS, ENERGY DRINKS & SOFT DRINKS AFTER SELECTIVE TAX
After the selective tax of 50% and 100% on tobacco products, energy drinks and cool drinks in the month of June of this year, now Its a time to tax again on it as VAT of 5 percent starting from January 1st of 2018. Trending : Selective tax on Tobacco products, energy & soft drinks
Saudi authorities cleared the doubts of various queries raised by consumers, The 3 products (Tobacco Products, Energy Drinks and Carbonated Drinks) are applicable for percent VAT. Recommend : 5% VAT on recharge cards, internet data packs
- The selective tax on these 3 products already raised the prices of it on June by 100 percent and 50 percent, It will raise further by 5% from January 1st.
NOW YOU CAN RECHARGE YOUR SIM OR TRANSFER CREDIT WITHOUT ENTERING IQAMA NUMBER
From now onwards (November 15, 2017), You can recharge or transfer credit with out entering your residence id number or iqama number said the Saudi communication and Information Technology (CITC). Trending : Complaint your sim operator online with CITC
Earlier mobile users use to enter their iqama number along with recharge card number while recharging, Now in a new move CITC announced its decision to skip this step, It means you can recharge now with only recharge card number and the service code of it. Most Viewed : Check how many sim cards are on your iqama
- The aim of this move is to discourage the users from spreading calling card announced Saudi Communication and Information Technology Commission.
- Entering iqama numbers or identity card numbers was mandatory from July 2012, In order to keep the track of unauthorized SIM cards sale. Recommend : Limit of sims on Saudi expats
- Starting from January 2018, There will be 5% tax on your mobile bills like on recharge cards, internet data packs, paid apps, etc,.
- After the implementation of VAT, Mobile users can get 95 Saudi Riyals on recharge of 100 Saudi Riyals due to the Value Added Tax of 5 percent. Even the postpaid users will be charged VAT on their bills. Related : No more unlimited data on prepaid sim cards
SAUDI ARABIA TO CRACKDOWN ON VIOLATORS & ILLEGAL EXPATS
As the amnesty period for all illegal expatriates in Saudi Arabia ended on November 14th of 2017 (Tuesday), From November 15th the Ministry of Interior inspection team will start hunting for the violators.
The drive to begin crackdown on iqama, labor and border security violators, Saudi Arabia was provided various chances of amnesty for violators and illegals to leave the Kingdom in a legal way.
- Those who are providing shelter to violators or transporting them or employing them will face heavy penalties along with violators said Ministry with confirmation of ending amnesty period for illegal expats.
- The Ministry of Interior asked citizens and expats to follow the rules and regulations specially while dealing with illegal expats who violated residence permit, labor and border security violations.
- The ministry called all expatriates and citizens to inform about the violators through the toll free number 999.
A YEMENI EXPAT HAS TO PAY A DEPENDENT FEE OF 46,000 SR FOR RENEWING IQAMA
A Yemeni expatriate has discovered, He have to pay 46,000 Saudi Riyals in order to renew his iqama or residence permit for one year, He found the amount in his SADAD account while he was checking his dependents fee online. Recommend : How to pay dependent fee
According to the Akhbaar24 local daily, This Yemeni expatriate is in Saudi Arabia with his four wives, He is feeling helpless as he is unable to pay that much huge amount of dependent fee for his family. Trending : Dependent & Companion fee as per jawazat systems
- As per the Yemeni expat, There are number of his relatives and friends who are facing the same situation like him, As few of his relatives and friends has their parents and brothers living with them in Saudi Arabia.
- One of his relative need to pay a dependent fee of 55,000 Saudi Riyals this year for renewing his iqama. If this is the situation of the first year, What is going to happen next year where the dependent fee will be doubled from June 2018. Read : Dependent fee on final exit and on newborn
SAUDI ARABIA TO CHARGE 5% VAT ON MONEY TRANSFER FEE
General Authority of Zakat and Tax (GAZT) confirmed that there is a VAT (Value Added Tax) of 5% on Money Transfers starting from 1st January of 2018 in Saudi Arabia, Before you start calculating five percent of your transfer money read below.
The Good news is that 5% of VAT is not on the transfer amount you are sending, but It is on the transfer fee, however it should be paid by the person who are sending money transfer clarified General Authority of Zakat and Tax.
- There are many transactions which are exempt from five percent VAT, It includes Interest on Loans, Lending fees with implicit margin like credit cards, mortgages, leasing, transactions of money and securities and as well as savings, current and deposit accounts reported Saudi Gazette.
- Insurance policies, Medicines, House Rents, Government Services fee, employees salaries are exempted from Value Added Tax confirmed by the General Authority of Zakat and Tax earlier.
- 5% of VAT is also not applicable on services like Issuance of Driving License, Renewal of Driving License and Passport services.
- Similarly there will be no VAT on exports to countries outside the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) states, Services given to non residents of GCC countries, International transport services for goods and passengers, Spare parts import and international transport and maintenance, repair and modifications.
SAUDI INTERPOL ARRESTED AN INDIAN FOR LEAVING SAUDI ILLEGALLY WITH COMPANY MONEY
An Indian citizen who went out from Saudi Arabia illegally with the large amount of money of his company has been arrested by the Saudi Arabian Interpol.]
According to the Saudi Arabian Interpol wing they received a complaint that an Indian expatriate left the Kingdom illegally after stealing a large amount of company money reported in Saudi Press Agency.
- Before the crime was discovered of the accused, he left the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Saudi Interpol arrested the Indian and brought back to Saudi Arabia on 25th October after tracking and chasing him internationally.
1.83 MILLION SAUDI RIYALS FINE FOR 2 PRIVATE SCHOOLS IN SAUDI ARABIA
Two private schools fined with 1.83 million Saudi Riyals for six violations of labor regulations and Saudization by the Inspection Agency and Development of Work Environment at the Ministry of Labor and Social Development.
According to Khaled Aba Al Khail the spokesperson of the Ministry words to the local news, The violations committed by two private schools in Saudi Arabia are
- Employing Dependents of expatriates
- No valid work permit from the ministry.
- Not paying the salaries of the employees on time.
- 75 illegal women workers of different nationalities.
- Working on the jobs reserved for Saudi women.
- Delayed salary payments of 32 Saudi workers.
SAUDI MINISTRY STOPPED THE SERVICE OF PROFESSION CHANGE ON IQAMAS
Saudi Arabia's Ministry of Labor and Social Development has stopped changing professions on iqamas or resident permits, However those who are not allowed to change their iqama profession can challenge the decision online. Trending : Nightwear banned in stadiums
Before few weeks, The ministry has given all the companies four weeks of time to correct their status, Now the given time has finished, Those who corrected their status will benefit from it. Recommend : New camera detects usage of mobile while driving
- Ministry inspection teams is about to visit all the organizations soon and penalize each violator with a sum of 25,000 Saudi Riyals said Saudi Gazette local news.
- Saudi citizens above the age of 60 years can work in private sectors, however they will not be considered while counting the ratio rate of nitaqat or Saudization. Most Viewed : Revised nitaqat stopped new visas for expats
- The Ministry of Labor and Social Development also said it will stop compensatory work visas after changing the ratio and modality of Saudization rates under nitaqat program.
SAUDI TO INVESTIGATE THE UNFAMILIAR DEAD BODY OF A SEA ANIMAL
Saudi Arabia received a dead body of unfamiliar and strange sea animal, which was found at the beach from the Border Guard in the southern beach of Yanbu city in the Kingdom.
The Fisheries Administration of the Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture received the dead body of unknown sea animal for examination.
- The authorities will investigate the dead body of unfamiliar sea animal, from where it came and what sea animal it is.
- A Saudi came across the dead body of strange animal on the Yanbu southern beach on 1st November of 2017.
SPORTS AUTHORITIES BANS INAPPROPRIATE DRESS IN STADIUM
Sports authority in Saudi Arabia has banned from wearing inappropriate dresses or nightwear while entering into sports stadium or using the facilities of it.
The decision was took by Saudi authorities on October 10th, in order to stop men from wearing a loose or short sleeved robe or indoor garmet in public.
- From the day of announcement from authorities, the hashtag of 'banning nightwear in stadiums' hits more than 100,000 times, Social media users asusual splits their reactions on it.
- According to the statement of General Sports Authority, The new chairman issued a royal decree on it in September and instructed officials to refuse entries of 'inappropriately dressed' into sports stadiums.
- The fact behind it is football matches and other sports games are broadcating live and it is watched by different ages of people, The look of Saudi society in public should be inline and should keep away those who violates it with nightwears or inappropriate dresses in public.
- Social media users splits themselves on this decision, One of them said It is nightwear and should not be wear in public while the other user said the decision is nice and it should apply even on mosques.
NEW CAMERAS IN SAUDI ARABIA MONITORS USING MOBILE PHONES & NOT WEARING SEAT BELTS
New traffic cameras in Saudi Arabia will now detect drivers who are using mobile phones while driving a vehicle and those who are not wearing seat belts.
Traffic Directorate of Saudi Arabia said they are ready with the new saher cameras, installation work almost done, The new cameras will monitor the drivers who are using mobile phones while driving and the those who did not wear seat belts.
- Using of mobile phones while driving is a major cause of most of the accidents in Saudi Arabia after speeding a vehicle. It is most dangerous one and the rates of it are differ among various regions said General Director of Traffic Mohammed Al Bassami reported in Arab news.
- In the recent days itself we seen a proof of it, As one of the driver and his friend seen shooting a video before they met with an accident, Social media is a witness for number of such videos, they are not only threat for themselves but also for public safety.
A SAUDI TEENAGER RAP VIDEO 'SAMOLY' GAINED 33 MILLION VIEWS
A 16 year old Saudi teenager boy gained 33 million views on his rap song called 'Samoly' that is 'Bread' on his Youtube account named "Dyler", With fame his song sparked controversy for being his love to bread.
His song buzzed in Social Media platforms and stir controversy, While many viewers attacked his video as cheap and degrading, His supporters came into the line and congratulate him for reaching a successful millions views.
- While few supported the young rapper by saying people are jealous about the aspiring a new success of this rapper. Dyler fame not only limited in Saudi Arabia his video crossed the borders from Saudi Arabia to UAE.
- Dubai welcomed the teenager and hosted him at one of the malls in Dubai, where he meet and interacted with his thousands of fans reported Al Arabiya the local Saudi news.
SAUDI ARABIA TO ISSUE TOURIST VISAS SOON FOR ALL
For the first time Saudi Arabia to issue tourist visas soon, In the first phase of Tourist visas, it will allow groups of visitors only through authorized tour operators. Trending : Fingerprints mandatory on all Saudi visas now
Till now Saudi Arabia only issued visas for Employment, Students, Business Visit, Personal Visit, Family Visit, Umrah and Hajj visas. This is the first time for the Kingdom to open for all the people without restriction in the upcoming tourist visa.
- Saudi Arabia is a land of golden treasures, It has cultural and historical heritage sites that involves archaeological, heritage, urban and rural places. Recommend : 12th Phase of Wage Protection System
- Tourism will become a major drive for the growth of the Kingdom, As the Saudi Arabia is becoming independent with oil income. Millions of Muslim people arrive annually to the Kingdom on Umrah and Hajj visas for pilgrimage. See Also : 50 Red Sea Islands to become tourist place
- From the last few months, Saudi Arabia is trying to attract the visitor with tourism projects, Tabuk, Jizan, Red Sea Islands, Neom will be the destinations for tourists in the region.
- Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage has been conducting training workshops and awareness of relics, urban heritage and historical buildings for the youth. Read : Neom - A city with roaming robots
BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINTS COMPULSORY ON ALL SAUDI VISAS
Biometrics fingerprint is mandatory now for all visas including Hajj and Umrah Visa at abroad Saudi Embassies starting from this new Hijri year 1439, In order to ensure the safety and security of the pilgrims coming to Saudi Arabia for Hajj and Umrah.
Saudi Embassies in various countries instructed all the pilgrim service offices to collect the biometric fingerprints of the all the pilgrims coming to Saudi Arabia before they applying Hajj or Umrah visa.
- Earlier it was limited only for certain countries now it is compulsory for all. Saudi Embassy in the Pakistan also instructed all the related offices to store the biometrics of applicants applying for any visa of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- In Sweden, Saudi Embassy signed a contract with a company to take biometric fingerprints of the the people who are applying for entry visas including Hajj and Umrah visas, This company is going to replace the existing visa service centers.
- Registering biometrics before applying visa will save your time at immigration counters in Saudi Arabia's entry points, It will ensure better service to the applicants of entry visas.
- There will pe a fee for the process to obtain the finger prints of the pilgrims, However it is not yet clear how much the fee will be, But it is sure the security of the pilgrims.
- Before two years this decision was rejected, However this time it got approval, There will be a company who will store the biometrics of the pilgrims for Saudi government.
- From now on wards all the visas including Hajj and Umrah visas will be activated only after the biometric registration as per the letter of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Riyadh.