SAUDI ARABIA TO ISSUE ONLY ONE YEAR WORK VISAS FOR FOREIGNERS
Saudi Arabia is now heading towards to reduce the validity of work visas for expatriate employees in private sector companies as per the Ministry of Labor announced with Saudi Press Agency. Trending : Expats to leave these jobs for Saudi women
Earlier the validity of work visas for expatriate employees was 2 years, as a change from now all the expatriate workers will only be issued one year work visa said Ministry to Saudi Press Agency. See Also : On Arrival visa for expat newborns
- Domestic workers and expatriates working in government sectors will still able to get two year work visas. However it is not sure the cost of new work visa and renewal will be same or it will also change.
- The minister's decision is consistent to the article 11 of Labor law, which allows minister to take measures that will ensure the improvement of the performance of the labor market.
- Everyone is aware from next year (2018) onward the huge change is about to come in the work permit fee of expatriates and is going to increase. Similar : Expat levy fee for the coming years
- The last change in the work permit fee was in 2012 November, where the government charge a work permit fee of 200 Saudi Riyals on each expat worker where the number of expatriate employees are more than Saudis in private firms.
- Saudi Arabia is working hard to overcome on unemployment rate of Saudi nationals by restricting few professions job to foreigners, In the last month we see some categories where the expatriate workers iqama did not renewed as it is reserved to citizens. Related : No Iqama renewal for these categories iqama