- Back to Home »
- SAUDI ARRESTED FEW FOR DISTURBING PUBLIC ORDER
AUTHORITIES ARRESTED PEOPLE FOR DISTURBING PUBLIC ORDER AND SPREADING LIES ONLINE
Authorities of Saudi Arabia has arrested 46 in two different situations, In first situation, 22 people including one Qatari national for disturbing public order on social media networking sites by posting video clips online. Trending : Online abusers penalty
Out of 22 arrested people, 21 are Saudi Nationals and 1 guy is Qatari National, Authorities are investigating the connections of them and the motive behind it, As per Saudi Press Agency these people was circulating video clips on social media sites which is inciting public feelings. Recommend : MOI warns for harming public order
- In another situation, 24 people arrested in Hail for exploiting social networking sites by promoting lies with the aim of provoking sedition and tribal tensions and pushing ordinary people to commit misdeeds and affect legal proceedings.
- Security forces of the Kingdom identified and arrested the people for spreading rumors, provoking sedition and disturbing public order, Ministry of Interior said it would arrest and punish anyone who involves to disturb the security and stability of the country whether it is citizens or expatriates. Similar : Public prosecution order on harmful users
- Saudi Arabia's security will not tolerate anyone who commits such activities and will punish the violator for threatening the security and stability of the country.
- This September, Shoura Council discussed few amendments to the anti information crimes and for misusing the social media for spreading lies as per the proposed law it will add heavy penalty and jail term for the violator. Related : Punishment for harassment and blackmailing in KSA