Archive for June 2017
90 DAYS AMNESTY FOR ILLEGALS TO LEAVE SAUDI ARABIA
Within few days of amnesty period in Saudi Arabia, Thousands of illegal expatriates left Kingdom and taking a sigh of relief in their homes. It is expected to reach one million illegal expatriates till July 24th in the running campaign of "Nation free of violators". Trending : Campaign is extended for one more month
The national campaign to pursue and detain the violators of the labor, iqama and border security laws (A nation without illegal violators).
- 90 days is the time limit for the violators to leave the Kingdom on his own and at his own expenses, starting from 29th March 2017 (Wednesday).
Who would benefit from this 90 days amnesty period :
1. Those who entered the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia illegally.
2. Those expatriates who came into the Kingdom with work visa and did not got their resident identity or iqama within 90 days of the arrival date.
3. Expats who came into KSA with Hajj Visa, Umrah Visa, Visit Visa or Transit Visa and overstayed.
4. Those expats who have been reported as Huroob or Absent From Work before the the beginning of amnesty period.
5. Those all expatriates who did Hajj illegally without legal permit or tasreeh.
6. Expats whose resident identity (Iqama or Muqeem) are expired and not renewed.
** On condition to leave the country with in the limit of 90 days and the violation has been occured before the campaign's announcement date 19 March 2017 **
Benefits to the illegals who leave Kingdom on their own during the amnesty :
- Will be exempted from all fees and penalties for violating labor, iqama and border security laws.
- Will be exempted from "Deported Finger Print", Which will allow them to enter the Kingdom again in a legal way.
For More Details and Information call 920029200 (Muqeem) and 8007490000 (Absher).
AMNESTY PERIOD FOR ILLEGAL EXPATRIATES IS EXTENDED BY 30 DAYS
Good news for all illegal expatriates living in Saudi Arabia as The General Directorate of Passports announced the extension of campaign "Nation without illegal expatriates" for 30 more days for all nationalities starting from Eid day which was 1st Shawwal 1438 (25th June 2017). Trending : Golden chance to take final exit in amnesty
The General Director of passports Sulaiman bin Abdulaziz Al Yahya called all illegal expatriates who were unable to benefit from the previous deadline can take benefit now. Recommend : Amnesty period procedure
- Those who completed their departure procedures during the previous deadline and were not able to leave the Kingdom should leave quickly with in the time period of visa expiry on their own expenses. See Also : Hefty fines on illegals after amnesty period
- Many expatriates on our blog commented on our posts that they were unable to process the procedure as few of government departments was closed due to Eid holidays, Those all expatriates are request to start the procedure as quick as you can and leave the Kingdom in a legal way without any penalty. Related : Expatriates eligible for amnesty period
- Ministry Of Interior had launched this program "A nation without illegal expatriates" on March 29 with a limit of 90 days, Those who leaves Kingdom in this period will be exempt from heavy penalties more over their finger prints will not be recorded, so that they can come back to Saudi Arabia in a legal way. Similar : Nation free of violators campaign details
2 BILLION REGULAR USERS ARE WITH FACEBOOK
Facebook became the world's largest social network now as it crosses 2 billion active users recently, Its a 13 years for Facebook company and it sets a new milestone of 13 billion users, Before 5 years Facebook hit 1 billion users. Trending : Saudi Expatriates Facebook
Facebook is just climb above the Youtube, As Youtube have 1.5 billion users, Whatsapp app has 1.2 billion users, WeChat network is with 889 million users, Instagram may soon join 1 billion club currently it have users of 700 million, Twitter with 328 million and Snapchat is with 255 million. Recommend : Whatsapp web
- Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg reveals the numbers of its followers through his facebook post and he write "It is an honor to be on this journey with you".
- The number of users in Facebook is bigger than the population of any single country, It is available in 6 of the seven continents, It is representing more than a quarter of the world's 7.5 billion population. Related : MOI warns harmful comment users
- As per the Facebook company, The number of advertisers in Facebook is 5 million in the month of April 2017. Facebook is taking huge advantage by offering highly targeted marketing capabilities by using its data about users.
YEAR WISE DEPENDENT FEE FROM 1st JULY 2017
Saudi Arabia is collecting a fee on each dependent, Starting with a fee of SR 100/- per month on dependents of expatriates living in Saudi Arabia from July 1st of 2017 and it is going to collect at the time of iqama renewals. Trending : Expat tax on companies by 2018
As per the expat levy fee structure, From July 2018, The fee per dependent is 200 Saudi Riyals per month, In July 2019 the fee will raise to SR 300 per dependent and in 2020 the fee per dependent will be SR 400. Recommend : Visit Visa fee nationality wise
- The expat levy fee is applicable for all spouses, dependents, parents, dependent children, house maids and domestic workers.
- All dependent fee should be paid at the time of iqama renewal, The fee is not refundable, All the sponsors of the dependents should pay fee through their bank accounts or ATM using SADAD and MOI payments. Related : Saudi Visa categories and its fee
- Dependent fee is a step from government to balance the budget said by Finance Minister Mohammed Al Jadaan, He also said the government is committed to its goal of striking a balance between expenditures and revenues by the year 2020.
SAUDI KING WISHES HAPPY EID TO ALL THE MUSLIMS OF THE WORLD
Saudi Arabia's King Salman congratulated all the Muslims of the world and the citizens of the Kingdom on the occasion of Eid Al Fitr, He highlighted the rejoice and happiness of all Muslims for completion of the blessed Ramadan month and Eid Al Fitr.
- Saudi Arabia's King Salman is in Makkah from last 10 days of the Ramadan month, he left to Jeddah after performing Eid Al Fitr prayer at Grand mosque in Makkah with most of the princes, ministers, scholars, sheikhs and various senior officials.
- King Salman also said the world is suffering from terrorism in this era, He will pay great attention to make stable and secure this world.
- He congratulates all the efforts from Saudi Arabia to serve pilgrims, the holy places, Islam and Muslims. The King also congratulated all the Islamic countries leaders for Eid Al Fitr and to be with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- King Salman received greetings of Eid from all the Kings, Emirs, Presidents and the leaders of Arab states and Islamic countries.
WHAT ALL THINGS TO DO BEFORE GOING TO EID AL FITR PRAYER
Eid-Al-Fitr will celebrate all over the world on the first day of Shawwal month, Which is just after finishing the blessed month of Ramadan. Eid Al Fitr is the reward from Allah for those who spent Ramadan in fasting and in other ibadat.
1. Before you go to the Eid Al Fitr prayer, You must pay your Zakat Ul Fitr. Its a small charity which amounts equivalent to the cost of 2 Kg flour, It is mandatory for every adult to pay his and his dependents Zakat Al Fitr.
2. Wake up early in the morning and take a bath, then perform Wudu and pray Fajr salah in mosque.
3. Wear the new dress or the best clothes you have, Use good smell perfume.
4. Eat the dates in odd numbers or eat a light sweet snack.
5. Recite Takbir "Allahu Akbar.. Allahu Akbar.. La ilaha illallah.. Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar Wa lillahil hamd" after Fajr prayer till you the Eid Al Fitr prayer, Men can recite Takbir loudly, while women should recite silently.
6. After Eid prayer, It is permissible for all Muslims to rejoice and enjoy the Eid by shaking hands, hugging and congratulating each other .
- It is also permissible to giving presents, eating , recreation, visiting relative, etc.
NO INTENTION TO EXTEND THE ONGOING AMNESTY PERIOD
Extension of amnesty period for 30 days is finished, Saudi Arabia does not have any plan to extend the amnesty period (A nation without illegal expatriates) again after 90 days + 30 Days said by Maj. Gen. Saleiman Al Yahia, Director General of Passports. The last days to get benefited from heavy penalties is already finished. Trending : Last chance for amnesty period
Ministry Of Interior had launched this program "A nation without illegal expatriates" on March 29 with a limit of 90 days and then it extended for 30 days, Those who left the Kingdom in this period are exempted from heavy penalties more over their finger prints did not recorded, so that they can come back to Saudi Arabia in a legal way. Most Viewed : Procedure to take final exit in amnesty
- As per the statement of Al Yahia, more than 600,000 expatriates had corrected their status taking the advantage of amnesty period. His statement came in one of the local newspaper.
- Philippine Consulate General asked all the undocumented and illegal Filipinos to avail the benefit of this program before July 24, So that they can go home without any issues. Related : 90 days amnesty period is about to end
- Expats lauded the efforts of the passport officials and all other related officers for serving and following the cases of illegal expatriates, who are waiting from a long time to leave the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. See Also : Heavy fines after amnesty period
SAUDI ARABIA NAMED NEW CROWN PRINCE AS MOHAMMED BIN SALMAN
Saudi Arabia declared its new crown prince as Muhammad Bin Salman, He also named Deputy Prime Minister of the country, he retains his current position as minister of defense. Out of 34 council members 31 chose King Salman son as the Kingdom's new crown prince. Trending : King Salman gifts tons of dates
King Salman issued a royal order and appointed Muhammad Bin Naif as new crown prince of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Prince Abdulaziz Bin Saud Bin Naif as the new Interior Minister, Ahmed Bin Muhammad Al Salem as new deputy minister of interior and Prince Bandar Bin Khalid Bin Faisal Bin Abdulaziz as new adviser of the Royal Court. Most Viewed : King Salman wins award for Service to Islam
- Mohammed Bin Salman is 31 years old and he is the youngest son of the King Salman, He is world's youngest defense minister, He wants to diversify Saudi economy instead of depending on oil.
- He is leading the program 'Vision 2030' which aims to transform the Saudi Arabia into a strong and stable country that provides opportunity for all, He is the first Saudi Royal to have meeting with USA President Donald Trump. Recommend : No Royal is above law - King Salman
- Saudi Arabia's King Salman also appointed Prince Turki Bin Mohammed Bin Fahad Bin Abdul Aziz, Faisal Bin Abdulaziz Bin Abdullah Al Sudairi as advisers to the Royal Court.
- The whole world eyes are on Saudi Arabia as they are many changes in the Kingdom, President of United States of America Donald Trump congratulated Saudi Arabia's new crown prince Mohammed Bin Salman. Similar : King Salman order millions of Riyals humanitarian aid
- Saudi Arabia's Council of senior scholars welcomed the King Salman's decision, Kingdom's senior clerics, Organization of Islamic cooperation welcomed Mohammed Bin Salman as new crown prince of Saudi Arabia.
JET AIRWAYS REWARDED ON-BOARD NEWBORN BOY WITH GOLDEN TICKET
A pregnant woman delivered a baby boy on board at a height of 35000 feet in a Jet Airways flight while traveling from Dammam (Saudi Arabia) to Kochi (India), Airlines rewarded newborn boy a golden ticket with a free life time travel on its flights. Related : Iqama for newborn baby
According to the provided information, the woman was 32 weeks pregnant and was travelling alone, When the plane was flying over the Pakistan the women went into labour pain, The new born was delivered with the help of a passenger, who was trained paramedic and the flight crew members. Similar : Appointment for Birth Certificate in Saudi Arabia
- As per the officials, The flight was diverted to Mumbai to handle the medical emergency of the woman and newborn baby, From there they were rushed to the Hospital and reported they are in stable condition.
- It was the first time for Jet airways, The airline rewarded the newborn baby with a gold ticket of free lime time travel to anywhere in the world on its flights. Recommend : Procedure to include newborn under your iqama
- Earlier this year, There were 5 babies who born in commercial flights, But they don't all get golden tickets of free life time travel, The only airlines who gave such rewards was Thai Airways, Asia Pacific Airlines, Air Asia and Polar Airlines.
- Virgin Atlantic Airlines rewarded on-board newborn baby with free travel till the age of 21 years.
- Cebu Pacific rewarded newborn with one million frequent flyer miles instead of free tickets. Trending : Penalties on Saudi Employers
- British Airways was rewarded on-board new born with first class air tickets on her 18th birthday.
- Saw Jet Star rewarded 1000 dollars worth baby supplies to the on-board newborn baby. Most Viewed : Saudi limited prepaid sim's for expats
- Turkish Airlines did not reward anything to newborn except a ride to the hospital.
PRINT, MODIFY & REFUND RESERVED TRAIN TICKETS ONLINE
Saudi Railways Organization will now allow you to modify or update, print, refund your reserved train ticket online through its official website with the help of Ticket number or Reservation number or Sadad bill number, If you have any plan to change your train timings you can follow the below procedure. Most Viewed : Penalty on employers for keeping passports
Step by step procedure to update, print and refund the booked train ticket :
1. Visit official website of Saudi Railways Organization or use this link https://www.saudirailways.org/sites/sro/Pages/home.aspx
2. From the available options Quick booking, Manage booking, Manage tickets and Train schedule, choose 'Manage Ticket'. For image details on it go to the end of the page.
3. In the 'Manage Ticket' form, choose the operation 'Update Ticket' and then select any of the option from Reservation number, Ticket number and Sadad bill number, then in the next box enter that specific number and click 'Continue'. Trending : Prepaid sim card limit in Saudi Arabia
- In similar way, For printing the ticket you should choose 'Print Ticket' and for refunding the money you can choose 'Refund Ticket'. Hot Topic : Free sim card for new visitors at airport
4. In the next form it will display your reserved details, Now you can select your name and accept the terms, then click 'Continue'.
5. Once you click continue, Saudi Railways will send you one code on the reserved email or mobile number, Enter that number in the box and click 'Submit'. Recommend : Airlines baggage allowances in Saudi Arabia
6. From the next form, you can able to modify or update your train from the available trains, once you choose your specific timing or date click 'Next' and then 'Confirm' it.
LABOR VIOLATIONS PENALTIES ON EMPLOYER OR COMPANIES
Ministry of Labor and Social Development in Saudi Arabia continuously alerting employers and companies from last few years to not violate any labor laws, violators will face heavy penalties but few employers in the Kingdom still are violating the laws related to labor laws. It is every citizen and resident duty to raise a complaint in labor office against such employers. Most Viewed : Iqama violation penalties on employers
We brought here, Few of the labor violations and its penalties on employers
1. For keeping workers passports without their approval, the penalty for employer is SR 2000/-.
2. For not adhering to offering of work contracts in Arabic language, the penalty for this violation is SR 5000/- on the employer. Trending : Report labor violation get 10% reward
3. For not complying with the conditions mentioned in the training contract, The penalty on this violation is SR 5000/- on the employer or company. Recommend : New Traffic violation penalties
4. For employing a worker with no contract or copy of the contract the fine for employer on this violation is SR 5000/-.
5. A penalty of SR 5000/- on employer, For not keeping workers records including names, salaries, fines, attendance and medical tests. Related : Penalty for distributing marketing booklets at public places
6. SR 5000/- fine on employer, for full or partial withholding of a workers salary.
7. If the company employs a male expat worker on the restricted job of citizens, There will be a fine of SR 10,000/- with one day closure of the company.
8. A penalty of SR 20,000/-, For employing expat workers on jobs restricted to Saudi citizens. Similar : Car owners can be penalize at petrol pumps
9. If the company registers Saudi citizens with GOSI without their approval, There will be a penalty of SR 25,000/- on employer or company with 5 days closure of the company.
SAUDIA, EMIRATES, GULF AIR, ETIHAD, QATAR AIRWAYS SUSPENDS ITS FLIGHTS TO & FROM QATAR
Several airlines like Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia), Emirates, Etihad, Fly Dubai, Gulf Air and Air Arabia declared its flights suspension, to travel from Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain and Egypt to Qatar bounds from 6th June, 2017 till they get further notice from the authorities. Trending : GCC states cut ties with Qatar
Saudi Airlines Announcement :
Saudi Arabian Airlines has confirmed that the airline has suspended all flights to and from Qatar starting today Monday 5 June. All Saudia guests with confirmed tickets will have the option of refunding the tickets or changing their route without penalty. Recommend : Ramadan month salaries to be paid earlier
Qatar Airlines Announcement:
Qatar Airways flights to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia have been cancelled on 05 June 2017, and to the UAE, the Kingdom of Bahrain and Egypt as of 06 June 2017, until further notice.
Passengers holding a confirmed Qatar Airways ticket to any of the four countries between 05 June 2017 – 06 July 2017 are permitted to re-book their flights up to 30 days after their current confirmed departure date, one time free of charge. Hot : Limit of sims to be use for expats in Saudi
Passengers will also be permitted to refund the unused portion of their tickets booked for the above period once, free of charge. The service fee remains non-refundable.
Gulf Air Announcement :
Gulf Air, the Kingdom of Bahrain’s national carrier, today announced the suspension of its multiple daily service between Bahrain and Doha with effect from 23:59, 5 June 2017 – local Bahrain time – and until further notice. Most Viewed : Last chance for final exit in amnesty program
Gulf Air regrets any inconvenience this may cause to passengers affected by the suspension. A dedicated customer services team from the Gulf Air 24-hour Worldwide Contact Center has been set up and is contacting affected passengers to offer alternative options, including full refunds on unused tickets and free re-booking to the nearest alternate Gulf Air destinations.
As instructed by the UAE government, Emirates will suspend its flights to and from Doha, starting from the morning of 6 June 2017, until further notice.
All customers booked on Emirates’ flights to and from Doha will be provided with alternative options, including full refunds on unused tickets and re-booking to alternate Emirates destinations.
Customers who booked through a travel agency should contact their travel agents. Read this : 100% tax on tobacco products and energy drinks
Customers who booked with Emirates can process refunds for their tickets at www.emirates.com/refund
Etihad Announcement :
Etihad Airways has suspended all flights to and from Doha until further notice.
All customers who are booked on Etihad Airways flights to and from Doha are being provided with alternative options, including full refunds on unused tickets and free re-booking to the nearest alternate Etihad Airways destinations. Detailed information is available by calling the Etihad Airways Contact Center on +971 (0) 2599 0000, or by visiting etihad.com.
SAUDI ARABIA, BAHRAIN, UAE & EGYPT CUT TIES WITH QATAR
Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Egypt, Yemen and Maldives cut ties with Qatar over Doha's alleged support for extremist groups, Saudi Press Agency claims that Qatar supported the terrorists in the province of Qatif and Bahrain. Trending : Ramadan salaries to be paid earlier
Saudi Arabia and its allies announced that they will withdraw their diplomatic staff from Qatar. Saudi asks Qatar citizens to leave the country with in 14 days as the ties between both the countries are severe, However it will not apply on the Qatari pilgrims who are currently in the Kingdom. Recommend : Saudi limits sims on expats and citizens
- Saudi Arabia has closed all of its borders that connects with Qatar via air, sea and land, For security reasons Qatari citizens are blocked to enter through transit visas too.
- Saudi Arabia citizens in Qatar have also been asked to leave the country within 14 days and instructed citizens no to stay, travel or transit in Qatar. Hot : 500 riyals fine for placing marketing booklets at doors
- Saudi Arabia has decided to close all the airports, sea ports and land borders and asked all of its friendly countries to do the same as soon as possible to support the Saudi national security.
- Saudi claims Qatar is promoting the ideology and plans through their media and supporting the terror groups of Iran in Qatif province and Bahrain. KSA is also aware that authorities of Doha have supported Houthi's even after the declaration to support the government in Yemen. See Also : Car owners can be fined at petrol stations
KING SALMAN ORDER TO PAY RAMADAN SALARIES EARLIER
As per the directives issued by the King Salman, Ramadan month salaries to be paid earlier on Jun 18 (Ramadan 23rd) of this month instead of month ending in order to meet the needs of citizens for the purchases of Eid Al Fitr. Trending : Working hours in Ramadan
For implementing the King's order, Ministry of Finance said it will issue a directive to SAMA (Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency) to approve banks for depositing the salaries in employees bank accounts by Ramadan 23rd (June 18, 2017). Recommend : 2017 Holidays in Saudi Arabia
- Ramadan salaries is about to be paid on Shawwal 2 (June 26) for government sectors, After the King Salman order now it will be paid on Ramadan 23 (June 18). Related : King Salman gifts tons of dates
- Private sector employees can also expect the salaries earlier in this Ramadan month as the banks will remain closed for the Eid Al Fitr holidays, So expatriates will get their salaries before the banks closed. Similar : Hijri 1438
SAUDI SETS LIMIT OF SIM CARDS FOR EXPATS & CITIZENS
Saudi Arabia has now set a limit on the number of prepaid sim cards used by expats and citizens in the Kingdom in an effort to curb terrorism and eliminate illegal sim cards which is threatening national security. Trending : Last Chance to final exit in amnesty
Expats are now restricted to use two prepaid sim cards applicable in voice or data card with any of the telecom operator, In a similar way Saudi citizens are now restricted to 10 prepaid sim cards on each identity. Recommend : Finger Print must for sim card
- Those who already have more than two sim cards can continue to use it, But they cannot register new sim cards, To get a new sim you should cancel all old sims even though it is not in use, However their is no restriction on postpaid connections.
- If an expatriate wants to register new sim card for his family members either wife or children then he should visit a telecom service provider outlet in order to obtain it.
- You can always track how many sim cards are registered on your iqama identity by following this link https://portalservices.citc.gov.sa/E-Services/MyNumbers/MyNumbersInquiry.aspx
- This is just a temporary plan to limit the prepaid sim cards on expats and citizens for removing the illegal sim cards from the market as per the statement of CITC (Communication and Information Technology Commission).
- Earlier also CITC restricted all telecom operators from providing unlimited package data on prepaid sim cards you can read more in this article "No More Unlimited Plans on Prepaid Sim Cards". Before this CITC mandate bio-metric fingerprints of each prepaid sim card subscriber.
Jun 4, 2017
LAST CHANCE FOR EXPATRIATES TO TAKE FINAL EXIT IN AMNESTY PERIOD
Golden chance for expatriates to take Final Exit in amnesty period "A nation without illegal expatriates" for domestic workers and commercial workers with a valid Iqama identity card, Interested one's follow the below procedure. Trending : Saudi extends amnesty period by one month
1. Expatriate worker should submit a departure request to the Labor Office. Recommend : 500 Riyals fine for distribution of promotion booklets at public places
2. The Labor Office will communicate through phone or registered email address with the employer or sponsor to confirm that the worker wants to leave the country within 5 working days.
- If the employer or sponsor agrees to let the worker leave and give him final exit, The worker shall be requested to communicate with the employer. See Also : 100% tax on tobacco products and soft drinks
- If the employer or sponsor refuses to let his worker leave in final exit then the Ministry will instruct the worker to correct his status through the labor office or the department of amicable settlement of labor disputes.
- If the employer agrees to let the worker leave in final exit by the campaign, Then the employer has to submit a letter attested by the Chamber of Commerce stating his approval on his worker's departure on final exit.
3. The labor office shall contact the passports department in the region to approve the final exit of the expatriates. Read this : Reality behind Dr. Zakir Naik Saudi citizenship
If you want to get benefit from the campaign and without the approval of the Ministry Of Labor, Then please contact the passport department directly. Hot topic : Riyadh Metro Project
Jun 2, 2017
500 RIYALS FINE FOR DISTRIBUTING MARKETING BROCHURE AT PUBLIC PLACES
Saudi Arabia's all municipalities and districts received a notice from the Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs to ban the distribution of promotional and marketing brochures at public places and homes door steps. Trending : Penalties at petrol pumps for not following guidelines
Placing promotional and marketing brochures in front of residential buildings, doorsteps and in public places is no more allowed in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Violator will face a penalty of 500 Saudi Riyals including other penalties mentioned in municipal rules. Recommend : Saudi Gulf Airlines launched in Saudi Arabia
- In the same way, sticking bills in the public places for promoting any product or service is also banned in the Saudi Arabia, Violator will face a fine of SR 500 with other fines mentioned in the municipal rules. Read this : No more expats in Government departments by 2020
- Strict action will be taken against the individuals, companies, establishments and shops in both retail sector and wholesale for making such violations. You May Like : All Airlines free baggage allowances
- Penalties will be linked to the residence permits or Saudi ID's of the violator based on the mentioned names and numbers on the promotional or marketing brochures.
- This order from Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs is part of the environmental pollution and to maintain public hygiene. See this : Penlaties on Iqama violations