PRESTIGIOUS KING FAISAL INTERNATIONAL PRIZES FOR 2017 (1438)
Saudi Arabia's King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud wins the prestigious award of King Faisal International Prize (2017) for "Service to Islam", Last year (2016) it was Saudi Arabia's Saleh Abdullah bin Himeid and before last year(2015) it was India's Zakir Naik who won this prestigious award in the same category of Service to Islam. Trending : King Salman order millions of humanitarian aid to Syria
King Faisal International Prize initially was launched in the year 1979 by the King Faisal Foundation, This prestigious and glorious award recognizes the outstanding works of the people or institutions in 5 categories
1. Service to Islam
2. Islamic Studies
3. Arabic Language and Literature
For the year 2017, King Faisal International Prize award announced by Khalid Al Faisal the adviser of the Custodian of Two Holy Mosques, Emir of Makkah Region, CEO of the King Faisal Foundation and the chairman of King Faisal International Prize. Related : No royal is above law - King Salman
- The selection committee of the prize observed that the King Salman has shown the commitment to the Life of Prophet Mohammed(PBUH).
- Supported the Historic sites of Prophet Sira(Life of Prophet Mohammed) and its Implementation by King Abdulaziz Dara (Foundation of Research and Archives).
- He also founded King Abdulaziz Complex for Endowment Libraries in Madina Munawwarah for preserving the Arabic and Islamic heritage.
- King Salman has ensured dedicated efforts to unite Arabs and Muslims in the face of difficulty challenges currently in the Arabic and Muslim world. Similar : King Salman orders resolve the issues of distress workers
- King has stood for steady Arabic and support on the Palestinian issue and offered several remarkable services to the needy in several Arab and Muslim countries.
- "Islamic Studies(2017)" category award bagged by Professor Ridwan Al Sayyid, University of Lebanon.
- "Arabic Language and Literature(2017)" category award gone to Arabic Language Academy of Jordan. See Also : King Salman launched new currency designs of Saudi Arabia
- Professor Tadamitsu Kishimoto, Japan won the award in "Medicine(2017)" category.
- Professor Laurens Molenkamp, Netherlands and Professor Daniel Loss, Switzerland bags the award in the category of "Science" for the year 2017. Most Viewed : Saudi nurse sets an example of humanity