Archive for January 2017
NEW MUQEEM CARDS EXPIRY DATE REPLACED WITH ISSUE DATE
After a successful year of replacing expatriates Iqama's with a new muqeem identity card in Saudi Arabia, Now renewed iqama's got a slight change, Yes, now 5 years validity is gone from renewed muqeem cards now its displaying Issue date instead of Expiry date. Trending : No tax on expats money
Now renewed muqeem identity cards or iqama's got a slight changes in below places
1. "Expiry date (الانتهاء)" is replaced with "Issue date (الاصدار)". It does not mean Expiry date is gone, validity still available but it is online. Related : Check Iqama Expiry date online
2. Place of Issue (مكان الاصدار) is now displaying "Electronic Services (الخدمات الإلكترونية)" instead of "City Name".
3. "Business License number (رخصة العمل)" is no more available on renewed muqeem cards.
- Expatriates who already renewed their muqeem cards may already noticed a change, Yes old muqeem cards are now replacing with new muqeem cards, But it is not sure whether it will be change yearly or once in a five years. Most Viewed : New fee on expats iqama from 2018
- Few people may get both iqama cards, Five years validity card and a new card, Those people have to keep in mind that only the new one is valid and the old one is already expired even though it has 5 years validity, As the authorities will now check your "card number (نسخه)".
- "Iqama copy number (نسخه)" is a number, Which will change every time you get a new iqama, Whether you change your name or you renewed iqama or you transfer iqama, The number will change each and every time, This is one of the authentic method to get caught if you are using valid card or not. Hot : Benefits of Iqama
- Last year (1437), Saudi Arabia's government bring a change on expatriates iqama identity cards, The validity of the iqama card extended to 5 years instead of 1 year and the name iqama renamed as muqeem residence identity card. Related : Saudi Muqeem residence card
SAUDI ARABIA REJECTS THE PROPOSAL OF EXPATS REMITTANCE TAX
Shoura Council of the Saudi Arabia has rejected the proposal of tax on expat remittances after the statement of Finance ministry, 73% percent of Shoura council members refused the proposal of tax on expatriate remittances without discussing. Trending : Send remittances online to home country
- Earlier Finance ministry official said Kingdom will not agree with any tax plan on money flow for transferring from Saudi Arabia to any different country, KSA provided full freedom to move the money reported Saudi Gazette. Most Viewed : Saudi Arabia public holidays in 2017
- Out of 119 Shoura members, 86 members rejected the plan without discussing saying it may effect the Saudi economy, while 33 Shoura council members voted for supporting the plan of tax on expats remittance. Hot : Expats Levy fee from July 2017
- As per the majority of votes, The proposal of 6% tax on remittances of expats is withdrawn by the financial committee, Earlier also it was rejected and proposed to study later. Recommend : Revised new visa fees in Saudi Arabia
- So all the expatriates living in Saudi Arabia, if you see any such message in social media or anywhere, just say happily, it was a old proposal, which is rejected again by Shoura council members, financial committee and Saudi Government. Read this : Online Gosi certificate
PRESTIGIOUS KING FAISAL INTERNATIONAL PRIZES FOR 2017 (1438)
Saudi Arabia's King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud wins the prestigious award of King Faisal International Prize (2017) for "Service to Islam", Last year (2016) it was Saudi Arabia's Saleh Abdullah bin Himeid and before last year(2015) it was India's Zakir Naik who won this prestigious award in the same category of Service to Islam. Trending : King Salman order millions of humanitarian aid to Syria
King Faisal International Prize initially was launched in the year 1979 by the King Faisal Foundation, This prestigious and glorious award recognizes the outstanding works of the people or institutions in 5 categories
1. Service to Islam
2. Islamic Studies
3. Arabic Language and Literature
For the year 2017, King Faisal International Prize award announced by Khalid Al Faisal the adviser of the Custodian of Two Holy Mosques, Emir of Makkah Region, CEO of the King Faisal Foundation and the chairman of King Faisal International Prize. Related : No royal is above law - King Salman
- The selection committee of the prize observed that the King Salman has shown the commitment to the Life of Prophet Mohammed(PBUH).
- Supported the Historic sites of Prophet Sira(Life of Prophet Mohammed) and its Implementation by King Abdulaziz Dara (Foundation of Research and Archives).
- He also founded King Abdulaziz Complex for Endowment Libraries in Madina Munawwarah for preserving the Arabic and Islamic heritage.
- King Salman has ensured dedicated efforts to unite Arabs and Muslims in the face of difficulty challenges currently in the Arabic and Muslim world. Similar : King Salman orders resolve the issues of distress workers
- King has stood for steady Arabic and support on the Palestinian issue and offered several remarkable services to the needy in several Arab and Muslim countries.
- "Islamic Studies(2017)" category award bagged by Professor Ridwan Al Sayyid, University of Lebanon.
- "Arabic Language and Literature(2017)" category award gone to Arabic Language Academy of Jordan. See Also : King Salman launched new currency designs of Saudi Arabia
- Professor Tadamitsu Kishimoto, Japan won the award in "Medicine(2017)" category.
- Professor Laurens Molenkamp, Netherlands and Professor Daniel Loss, Switzerland bags the award in the category of "Science" for the year 2017. Most Viewed : Saudi nurse sets an example of humanity
FILIPINOS (OFWs) LAND BANK IN SAUDI ARABIA
Good news for the Filipinos(OFW's) living in Riyadh, As they are going to get their own Philippine Land Bank in the capital of Saudi Arabia in the current year by September 2017 as per the Finance Secretary Carlos G Domiguez III. Most Viewed : Filipinos stopped from going on final exit
Currently their are more than 8 Lakhs (800,000) Filipino expatriates living in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia of which 40 percent (40%) are in Riyadh. Filipinos residing in the Saudi Arabia are the 2nd largest source of remittances for Philippines. Trending : Public Holidays in Saudi Arabia for 2017
- President of Land Bank said initially acquire Philippine Postal Savings Bank and then they will offer financial education and investment counseling services to OFWs, Then it will take 8 months to convert it into a postal bank as Land Bank subsidiary.
- To be operational by September 1st 2017, OFW Land Bank will seek clearances form GCG (Governance Commission for Government owned & controlled Corporations) and PCC (Philippine Competition Commission). The bank also needs approvals from SEC (Securities Exchange Commission) and Monetary Board and the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas(BSP). See Also : Santa is not welcomed in KSA
- The branch of state own Philippine Land bank will be in the near areas where OFWs meet or it will be near to the Philippine Labor Office as per the current information. This bank will dedicate to the needs of OFWs for Filipino expatriate workers. Read this : Check your salary history online in Saudi Arabia
- The Land bank is already involving with the Commission on Audit and the BSP for starting the process and converting the Postal Bank to the Land Bank subsidiary. New : Saudi nurse sets an example for humanity
GET CAREEM CREDIT ON RECHARGE OF STC SAWA
STC Sawa is now offering free credit of careem (Private cab service mobile application) from 5 Riyals up to 1000 Riyals on recharging with Sawa cards of 20 Riyals, 50 Riyals and 100 Riyals before 24th Febraury 2017. Recommend : Free 20 Riyal Credit in Careem
STC Sawa recharge cards of SR20, SR50 and SR100 have an additional area on backside of the card to scratch and get the activation code of careem, Which can be used in careem moible application for getting credit in between 5 to 1000 riyals. Related : Expats not allowed to work with Careem and Uber
- To eligible for the offer, You need to download the CAREEM application from your IOS or PLAY STORE on your smartphone. Then use the activation code found in your recharge card for getting free credit in your careem application, Which you can be used to travel somewhere in the city.
- Once you entered the activation code and got careem credit, you need to use credit within 7 days or before it expires, You can also use the credit up to 30th March 2017 with out entering the activation code in careem till that time. Similar : Taxi's will be in control in Saudi Arabia
- This STC Sawa offer is valid from 24th December 2016 to 24th Febraury 2017 in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia only for STC Sawa new and old sim users. Read this : STC Sawa useful Information
- Careem credit can be used for multiple trips and in various cities of the Saudi Arabia, This offer is applicable for both current customers and new customers of Careem. See Also : Stop STC balance from automatic deductions
NEW BALANCED NITAQAT SYSTEM
A new (mawzoon) balanced nitaqat system is on the way in Saudi Arabia, It will end the dominance of expat employees and cover the unemployment rate of Saudi's. All the old rules and regulations will be canceled if it clashes with the new mawzoon system.
Earlier it was enough to include Saudi name in the list of the company to be benefited from nitaqat, Now it is no more enough in the new balanced nitaqat system, Now it is necessary to mention amount of salary, years of service, percentage of women employees and job professions of Saudi citizens. Recommend : Expats with above 60 years counts 2 in Nitaqat
The revised balanced nitaqat system is part of the Vision 2030 reforms and it will
- Balance the labor market of Kingdom
- Improve the situation of job market Similar : Check Nitaqat color iqama red green
- Boost the employment quality and reduce the unemployment of Saudi's.
- Create suitable jobs for Saudi citizens (Men & Women)
- Attractive working environment for employees
- Increase the rate of employment for women
- End to unproductive Saudization
After the success of Saudization, Most of the companies are in secure level, However it is necessary to reduce the unemploymet rate of nationals. Private companies should offer more jobs to Saudi to be in green nitaqat zone. Related : Nitaqat system and categories
New revised balanced (mawzoon) nitaqat system will be in 3 categories
- Companies with 50 to 99 employees See Also : Saudi Wage protection system
- Firms with 100 to 199 employees and
- Organizations with 200 to 499 workers
It is not clear about the firms with less than 49 employees and more than 500 employees, However as per MOL the existing nitaqat will remain same, Except the rules which clashes with new balanced nitaqat system. Read this : Taxis to reduce in Saudi Arabia
SAUDI NURSE OFFERS A LIVER TO YOUNG GIRL
In the 21st century, where the mind dominates and rules over your heart, people rarely bother to do good to unknown people. This Saudi nurse set an example to prove humanity still exits on the earth and people still takes decisions through heart. Most Viewed : Street Sweeper became a celebrity overnight in Saudi Arabia
A Saudi nurse of age about 20 years, named "Abir Al-Anzi", set an example to prove humanity still exists even in the 21st century. She donated a part of her liver to a young girl 'Bashyer Al-Rashidi', who is suffering from a liver disease. Related : Expats treatment in Saudi Government hospitals
- This Saudi nurse is not related to the young girl in any angle, When she seen a Twitter post that young girl father needs a liver donor, She responded him, communicated with their family and decided to offer her part of the liver to the young girl, who is suffering from liver disease in the Riyadh's Prince Sultan Medical City. Trending : King Salman launched Humanitarian Aid for Syria
- After all the mandatory tests and confirming with doctors, Anzi(Saudi Nurse) successfully donated her part of the liver to the Bashyer(Young Girl) in liver transplant operation which was happened on 28th December of 2016 and she already discharged from the ICU. See Also : Holidays in Saudi Arabia for the year 2017 (1438-1439)
- Saudi Arabia's Minister of Health thanked Anzi for setting a best example on humanitarian work for saving a life of a child. Read Also : Procedure to register on GOSI
- For honoring Anzi, Health officials holding a ceremony in the city of Jawf in Saudi Arabia, where she is living. Similar : GOSI Benefits for employees
HOLIDAYS IN SAUDI ARABIA FOR 2018 (1439-1440)
As Saudi is a pure Islamic country, Expatriates living in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia should not expect more holidays. Only Muslim festivals and a National Day are expected holidays every year here. Muslims have only two main festivals Eid-Al-Fitr and Eid-Al-Adha. Recommend : Sin Tax to be apply soon in KSA
Public holidays in Saudi Arabia for the year 2018 for both government or private sectors:
- Government sectors or public sectors will have 15 to 20 days holidays on each eid i.e,. Eid-Ul-Fitr and Eid-Ul-Adha.
- Every Friday and Saturday are weekend holidays in the Kingdom for government sectors and most of the private sectors, While few private companies only Friday as weekend holiday.
- Most of the private sectors will provide 4 days holidays as per Saudi labor law for each eid, that is for Eid-Al-Fitr (Ramadan Eid) and Eid-Al-Adha (Bakrid). Related : Leaves for Expats as per Saudi Labor Law
- Few private sectors will follow their own company norms for providing holidays on Eid's, But the mandatory holiday will be on Eid and 1 day before Eid, Remaining all holidays will be added as overtime.
- Every year Saudi Arabia's National Day will fall on September 23rd, So every 23rd September is a public holiday in KSA. Similar : National Day Holiday on Week Day
- InShaAllah! Ramadan for the current year starts from 16th May of 2018 and ends on June 14th 2018 following Eid Al Fitr. See Also : Ramadan in Saudi Arabia
- InshaAllah! this year 2018, Arafat day will be on 21st August and Bakrid or Eid-Al-Adha will fall on next day that is September 1st.
- National for the current year 2018 will be on 23rd September. Read Also : Hijri Calendar
EID-AL-FITR (RAMADAN) HOLIDAYS FOR 2018(1439):
14th June 2018 to 19th June 2018 (4 DAYS + Friday + Saturday)
EID-AL-ADHA (BAKRID) HOLIDAYS FOR 2018(1439):
20th August 2018 to 25th August 2018 (4 DAYS + Friday + Saturday)
SAUDI NATIONAL DAY HOLIDAY FOR 2018(1439) :
23rd September 2018 (1 DAY)
WOLF ATTACKED 3 YEAR OLD IN A SHOPPING MALL OF SAUDI ARABIA
A Three year old boy luckily escaped from a wild wolf in a shopping mall of Ar Ar city in Saudi Arabia. Wolf was in a cage of shopping mall to attract the visitors and shoppers. Trending : Fee on Saudi Expats from July 2017
As the boy was away from parents inattention, He went near the wolf cage, where the wolf attacked him and left a deep wound on his hand. Injured child was immediately taken to the hospital where he received the proper treatment. Hot : 100% Tax on cigarette in KSA
- The incident was reported to the local police and An investigation has been started on this incident to take a proper action on this case. More details will be revealed on it, once the investigation is completed.
- Local citizens and residents showered with anger statements on a mall, As the wild animal kept inside the mall, where families and children visit for shopping, dinning and relaxing. Recommend : Check your salary details online in Saudi Arabia
- Social media users posted their views on the incident, Few people suggested, it would be more better, if it was colorful birds instead of wild animals. Some people blamed them for irresponsibility and asking to keep wild animals only in zoo.
- This is the second situation in Saudi Arabia, where wild animals attacked children, Before a month, A young girl was attacked by a tiger in a promotion show, where the girl life was in threat. Related : Harmful comments lands you in Jail in Saudi Arabia
- Thanks to the trainer who controlled the situation by handling the tiger, Safety measures should be taken, if the wild animals used for entertaining as their nature will not be changed to attack. Know this : Ministries of Saudi Arabia