Archive for January 2016
PENALTY OF 150 SR FOR EATING WHILE DRIVING
Traffic directorate imposed a ban last month (Dec 2015) on eating and drinking while you are driving any type of vehicle in Saudi Arabia. If caught by traffic authorities or any traffic official you will be charged a penalty of 150 Saudi Riyal.
Traffic authorities in Saudi Arabia launched many rules of the road as safety campaigns for the awareness focusing drivers and travelers. Various surveys pointed Saudi Arabia has the most dangerous and deadly accidents in Arab countries with an average of 17 people deaths in a single day. Recommended : Driving License in KSA
As per the past surveys and records in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia you must be careful while you are riding a vehicle and should follow the traffic safety rules of the road.
- Most of the accidents are happening because of eating and drinking while driving, So if you have a vehicle, You must follow this rule for your and your family safety. SR 150 penalty fine from traffic authorities may alert them for changing this habit. Recommended : Renew Driving License
- It is also stated in earlier surveys, Using mobile phones while driving is also cause a reason of accident, The ratio of accidents is higher who used their cell phones while driving compared to who do not used their phones while driving.
- Texting and sending whatsapp messages while driving is more susceptible for accidents than who do not use smart phones or whatsapp texting and messaging service while driving. Recommended : Renew driving license online
- Having Coffee and Tea while driving is in the top of most dangerous foods and beverages while riding a vehicle.
- Drivers should obey the rules of following the red light and do not overtake from wrong side of the road, etc,. If you are driving for a long ride, Take a proper sleep and rest before you start your journey. Recommended : Check traffic violations
BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINT MUST FOR NEW SIM CARD
As per the Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC), Security agencies and Ministry Of Interior in Saudi Arabia imposed a strict new regulation on telecommunication subscribers and new SIM card mobile phone users to register their biometric fingerprints in a mobile sim information system as a part of National security.
- First phase starting today (26th Jan 2016), All new SIM card buyers need to provide their biometric fingerprint with telecom network as a national security measure. This decision was supposed to implement last year, It was delayed due to some telecom companies need to get fingerprint reader device from outside of kingdom. Recommended : Fingerprint must for expats children
- All mobile companies must follow this new rule on purchase of new SIM Cards. This new law is applicable for all the customers including Citizens, Gulf state citizens, Expatriates, Visitors and Haj and Umrah Pilgrims. Recommended : Check STC balance
- Bio metric fingerprint system data will be shared with Saudi National Information Centre for identity confirmation of SIM card buyer. This is an effort for fighting terror, to prevent users from using fraudulent identities and restricting mobile users from taking part in activities that threatening Saudi national security. Recommended : Unknown sim on iqama
- Biometric fingerprint system is not necessary for recharging your sim card (for adding talk time) or for paying your phone bill. Recommended : Check Mobily Balance
- Mobile phone companies holds 53 million subscribers in kingdom of Saudi Arabia out of 30 million population, Few people are using two or more SIMs from different networks. Recommended : Check Zain Balance
BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINT MUST FOR SIX YEARS AND ABOVE CHILDREN OF EXPATS
The Passport Department in Saudi Arabia has implemented a new rule on Biometric Fingerprint enrollment for expatriates who are living with their families in the Kingdom.
Saudi Expatriates families whose children are of age 6 years or above 6 years, Must enroll their children biometric finger prints in Passport Department urgently. Failing in registering finger prints of their children will result in stop the services related to that expatriate family. Recommended : Family Iqama Procedure
Earlier it was mandatory for the expatriate children whose age is above 15, Now it made mandatory for six years old or above six years old children. It was an announcement from passport department of Saudi Arabia on 14 January 2016 as per Arab News leading news paper. Recommended : Fingerprint Enrollment Status
- Expatriates can visit any of Passport Department for registration of their children finger prints.
- It is mandatory to carry Iqama or Muqeem (residence permit) of expat and his children. Recommended : Muqeem Card
- Must provide original Passports for enrolling biometric fingerprints.
Biometric fingerprint was started first in November 2014 for women, who are going on exit re entry visa's then it became compulsory for women and children above 15 in the beginning of January 2015. Recommended : Family Exit Re Entry Visa